• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Creepers.....

MJK

I have had a harbor freight one forever and it has finally, blew apart. What does everyone have, what do you like about it, not like, etc.

This is more for the Jeep guys since we are always fixing our ****:flipoff: Toys never break:rolleyes:

I've got a Craftsman one. I don't like the wheels on it though. I've seen some with sweepers at the wheels so junk doesn't get caught under them. That seems like a good idea since I'm always running over crap and chunking up the wheels.

i have an ATD one that kicks butt, in fact...this one. i can allmost roll on gravel with it, and it has spots formed into it for tools and small parts. the only other one i liked was "the bone", but that one is spendy and not so comfortable for a big guy

i too have the sears one ($100 POS) and use it for moving larger parts now...all its good for imho

I have a Crafstman one also And I like it. I also have a shucks cheepie in my tool box on the back of my Ranger. its a pos but for roadside repairs, it beats laying in the dirt.

Which one (got 3 of them)..
My favorite is the fully padded, tilt head rest and the high speed rubber high shock wheels :redneck:

I need a new creeper too, one of those fancy pants adjustable back rest ones, so I can get my face up a little closer to my work when I'm welding things to the frame :redneck:

I'm leaning toward a couple of the MAC ones. There's one that converts all the way up into a chair, with the nice rubber wheels :D

I've often thought about making a creeper w/ some big pneumatic tires/casters on it....

working on anything I own, I don't really need it to be "low" at all....and being able to roll over dirt and gravel that gets drug into the garage would be a huge plus.......and it could also roll over extension cords and wrenches etc....

I absolutely HATE laying on a creeper and getting "stuck" on a piece of gravel or a dirt clod or something...

--B

Berne said:
I've often thought about making a creeper w/ some big pneumatic tires/casters on it....
They're spendy.......

You could always get a creeper you like and transplant some big pneumatic casters on it. Maybe that's what I'll do. Drives me nuts, too.

Hip said:
i hate creepers

Me too... I like laying in/on dirt, rocks, cat litter, puddles of various oil-like liquids, anti-freeze, and who knows what else, on the shop floor. :D

All joking aside though, I really do dislike creepers... just another nuisance/issue to have when working on my rig... rolling it over dirt/rocks, running into tools, extension cords, air hoses, etc. When I work on anything, I throw tools/parts everywhere and wherever they land is where they stay until they're needed next, so I always have a big mess on the ground... no space for using a creeper.

i have found the "Bone" to work ok for most places. bigger tires than most for rolling over cords and hoses, but still very low.

A piece of cardboard is all ya need. You can have a new one every week.:redneck:
Oh and a 1 gallon antifreeze jug for a head rest. :clappy: :redneck:

I went through about 5 or 6 different styles before I found on that I really liked. I think you can buy this style other places too but I picked mine up off the Matco truck. $80.00

Attachments

• mcbl2b.jpg
    mcbl2b.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 66
Thats too much money. just grab your mom's best cookie sheet and glue a bunch of micro machines to it. Then you'll be set!!!