• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cross at evens creek

taliwaker

why is there a cross on one of the trails at evens? i think it was 520 it was right on a cliff. any one know?

why is there a cross on one of the trails at evens? i think it was 520 it was right on a cliff. any one know?

Quite a few years back a jeep went down the cliff and killed the drive and injured a little boy and his father.The owner of the jeep was riding in back with his son.

its at the top of 311 and that is now the way i heard the stroy actually its way off what the people that where there say but ok

This one?

normal_DSCN1286.JPG

there's actually 2 cross's. One on 311 where I guy was squished in between to vehicles, the second is on 520.

The 520 one is on a particularly spooky section of the trail too... It's right above where the trail has been 'fixed' by adding a log to the embankment and filling in behind it... it seems as though that section would be pretty difficult to navigate without that log, due to the slope off to the drop down, and the upward slope and turn of the trail there.

Clint was a very good friend of mine and I will never forget the day he passed away...very sad.
He was strapped in the jeep and went all the way to the bottom of the canyon in it, he was still alive and breathing when our group had scrambled down the canyon to the bottom, he died shortly after the guys got to the bottom.

Rest in peace Clint Moffet, you left us way to soon. :booo: :booo: :booo:

Odie.

theres one on the 520

That's the one they're referring to.

The one that was at the top of the 2nd half of 311 was the kid that got crushed between two Toyotas. That was like 2 or 3 years ago now, wasn't it? He was an Algona or Pacific fire fighter, they were up there in the night and the brakes failed, the front toyota rolled back into the next one and he was caught in the middle.

The one on 311

I was there when it was being built by friend TOM myers in sumner and the guy was a fire fighter for bonnylake I believe

They were whelin in the snow and he got ut to look at his front end and his friend in front of him had bad brakes and crushed his head between the bumber and the shackle .He died instantly took a while to get him down I was there when they had the memorial and set the sign up it had a cross with fire ax and a chain tacked with a fire symbol in front of the cross forgot his name its too bad **** can happen so fast he was a good guy from what I heard from my sumner buddies iam guessing about 7 yrs ago.RIP

Clint was a very good friend of mine and I will never forget the day he passed away...very sad.
He was strapped in the jeep and went all the way to the bottom of the canyon in it, he was still alive and breathing when our group had scrambled down the canyon to the bottom, he died shortly after the guys got to the bottom.

Rest in peace Clint Moffet, you left us way to soon. :booo: :booo: :booo:

Odie.

Hey odie was that the guy that through his kid out at the last minute befor he went over top of 520?