• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cross at evens creek

Clint was a very good friend of mine and I will never forget the day he passed away...very sad.
He was strapped in the jeep and went all the way to the bottom of the canyon in it, he was still alive and breathing when our group had scrambled down the canyon to the bottom, he died shortly after the guys got to the bottom.

Rest in peace Clint Moffet, you left us way to soon. :booo: :booo: :booo:

Odie.

The cross on the 520 did have baby shoes hangin off it for a long time did it not?

I work with the guy that was the passenger in the rig that was behind the rig that had the brakes fail. He told me a very visual story of it, not one I would wanna here again.

I work with the guy that was the passenger in the rig that was behind the rig that had the brakes fail. He told me a very visual story of it, not one I would wanna here again.

Still won't wheel in the snow since that trip.:booo:

The cross on the 520 did have baby shoes hangin off it for a long time did it not?

The jeep was Dan M's jeep and he was riding passenger. He and he son were ejected on one of the many rolls. Dan got a broken leg and dans son had a colapsed lung. Clint rode the jeep to the bottom and died from major head injuries. Clint was driving the jeep when the carb burped and the rear of the jeep slid down the side and it was all over from there . I personally climbed( butt slide) down to the bottom of that hill.There is bark missing from the trees 30+ feet up the trees. You can still find engine parts and jeep parts down there. Must have been a horrible site.

It was in 1995 we were a part of the off road animals and it was the fun run. Clint was one of the last rigs to on his way in and he had no lost his head lights and i think what happened was his clutch linkage came apart going up that climb and he flew backwards. He was a good freinfd of the familys he used to stop by my dads house almost every night and have a beer with him, We still have videos of wheelin with him he was a realy nice guy. When he flew down it backwards he was harnesed in and couldnt get loose the passenger grabbed the little boy and jumped out, Eventually the cage collapsed on clints head. The next weekend a couple of blast guys and some others went back up to get his jeep back up the mountain they braught 2 100 foot cables plus a winch and were in no way close to reaching the jeep. It was a sad day and that was the reason my father quit wheelin it hurt him to lose a freind and scared him to the point he didnt feel comfortable bringing his family up stuff like that anymore.

I was also their for the death on 311 and a few years back their was a big rock at the top of 311 and a guy had just gotten over it and the person who was killed was standing between the rig up top and the next rig down when the up top rig rolled backwards off the rock and crushed his head between the two bumpers. Luckily i turned around and went the other way cause i was tired of waiting for them to get up the rest of the way.