• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cryoing drivetrain parts

JPTHING

I just bought some Alloy shafts, and it was suggested that I get my shafts Cryoed, to add more strength. Is this a good idea, is this going to make a huge difference, or is this unnecessary.

I just bought some Alloy shafts, and it was suggested that I get my shafts Cryoed, to add more strength. Is this a good idea, is this going to make a huge difference, or is this unnecessary.

in the four wheeler magazine i got yesterday they have a whole article on cryogentically treated parts acctually. If you dont get 4 wheeler let me know and later today i will scan the pages in for ya:awesomework:

If by Alloy you mean the company Alloy USA, and you bought their chromoly axle shafts then no, I don't think that's necessary. (Although Alloy USA shafts have not been favorably reviewed.) I've been told that just because you can cryo something doesn't mean you should. Parts like r&p and t-case shafts are a good place to start.

Just my ignorant ass .02 cents

If by Alloy you mean the company Alloy USA, and you bought their chromoly axle shafts then no, I don't think that's necessary. (Although Alloy USA shafts have not been favorably reviewed.) I've been told that just because you can cryo something doesn't mean you should. Parts like r&p and t-case shafts are a good place to start.

Just my ignorant ass .02 cents

These are Yukon shafts I know I could have gotten some badass shafts, but I have Yukons in the rear, and they seem to be just fine. Plus I figured that they are the only ones that I could pick up the same day.

in the four wheeler magazine i got yesterday they have a whole article on cryogentically treated parts acctually. If you dont get 4 wheeler let me know and later today i will scan the pages in for ya:awesomework:

I don't normally buy 4Wheeler mag, it ends up having a bunch of :rb: ass Chrome roadqueen trucks, and :rb: Toyotas :stirpot: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

But I would love to see the article

From the people that have actually run them, I've been told Yukon's are a good quality (strong) shaft. Forget the cryo, spend your time and $$$ elsewhere.

(Bobby Long Joints) :awesomework:

:5bitch:
I just wanted to use the icon......don't get any funny ideas

(Bobby Long Joints) :awesomework: I agree spend the money on some good U-Joints...What are you running in your alloys now? I am Going to run Bobby longs U-Joints.

I am running Spicer joints, but I will be upgrading soon to the BL 300m joints. I had wheeled every weekend since I got it back together with stock 1970's shafts, and joints.