• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Current Conditions?

mudmaster

Does anyone know the current conditions to include the campground? Can tow rigs make it to the campground?

Thanks

It's horrible. I would attempt it in nothing less than a rig with 54" Boggers and a Big Block screaming.

I'm just joking. I have no idea.

I would assume there is still snow in the camp ground but it should melt a lot this week. That is what my magic 8 ball told me anyways.

I know a month ago there was alot. Don't wanna go and find out I can't get to the campground with the tow rig.

I was up there last weekend.

The campground is still full of snow. 1 to 3 feet of snowment. I pulled cable in the rig right next to the bathroom in the host sight loop. The road to the day use area is clear. The road to the campground is clear and dry up to the dip where Evans Creek passes through.

Upper 520 is impassable due to snow drifts. The snow everywhere is crappy. Hard and unpredictable but fun in it's own way.

On Saturday, on the 520 out of the campground to down into the gravel pit, there was only snow at a couple of the culvert crossing corners. Nothing difficult at all.

I'm sure by now you can run the 311 through the campground without touching snow.

I was up at Evans today with a buddy. We didnt run very much, but there was a little bit of snow in the campground, mostly in the shade. We ran the 102 uphill and never saw snow, and the ground was nice and hard, only a few water holes. The gravel road from the pavement up to the park was horrible. Tons of huge chuck holes. Damn near need a kidney belt.

I was up at Evans today with a buddy. We didnt run very much, but there was a little bit of snow in the campground, mostly in the shade. We ran the 102 uphill and never saw snow, and the ground was nice and hard, only a few water holes. The gravel road from the pavement up to the park was horrible. Tons of huge chuck holes. Damn near need a kidney belt.

Yeah, the road is bad this year. Hoping they run a blade on it soon.

Contactor is supposed to be building the new entrance into the campground this year. hopefully they will grade the road. The main road up to Evans creek and beyond is a county road and they "usually" grade it at least once a year when the road opens to M. lake in the park.

The main road up to Evans creek and beyond is a county road and they "usually" grade it at least once a year when the road opens to M. lake in the park.

Is it county or state? My maps call it State Route 165 from Buckley all the way to the mount rainier border, then it becomes federal.

Im also surprised the state hasnt been sued to pave it. Thats what happened to Pike's Peak. Lawsuit. No more dirt road to the top. End of an era for racing.