• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cutoff, flap and grinding disc etc. suppliers

85toyo

The other day I was talking to a friend about how expensive flap disc were getting and he recommended a website to me that has some great prices.
Since I've been paying 8 bucks and some change for a single flap disc at Lowes this looks like it could save a lot of money in the future.
http://www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com/servlet/StoreFront
Also, were are y'all getting your stuff and how does the price compare?

Re: Re: Cutoff, flap and grinding disc etc. suppliers

I buy from the local welding supply store.
I pay about 2.00 for cutoff Walter and 3.99 for ovation attacker flaps

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Nice link, I myself am sick of paying eight bucks and some change for just one flap disk. I bought some at northern a while back at $3.00 ea. I think those lasted ten minutes

Most of what Harbor Freight sells is crap, but they do have some cutoff wheels, 3" and 4", that are pretty damn good for the money. Look for the ones that are made in Russia.

I just get them from work and off of big jobs. It's nice to work for an industrial maintanence contractor that does a lot of pipe work. :flipoff1:

I use Lehigh Valley Abrasives almost exclusively. I can't tell any difference between the discs they sell and the over priced stuff at my local welding supply.

Re: Re: Cutoff, flap and grinding disc etc. suppliers

I've used Leigh valley for years.

Get the grinding wheels for stainless steel. They ****in move some metal! And last 4-5x longer than regular grinding wheels.

I don't use flap discs anymore since I got the rubber wheel and the little thin grinding pads. They work cleaner and last longer than flappers.

5onrocks said:
I just get them from work and off of big jobs. It's nice to work for an industrial maintanence contractor that does a lot of pipe work. :flipoff1:
Thats where I do most of my shopping as well! Usually use random products but their quality matches their name, sometimes get CSW s(?) They seem to last awhile,no idea on price though.

I didn't have very good luck with their flap disc - didn't last near as long as the ones from Fastenal

i havnt tried fastenal flapper wheels, whats the cost of there's

I work for a company that waits on coupons to buy consumables. So we were out of flap wheels for about a week before I broke down and went and bought one from Home Depot. Their 60 grit flap wheel has lasted 3 weeks with 3 guys sharing the same one, and only down to about 1/2. The ones the company buys at $7 ea. (with coupon) literally last maaaybe a week, if you're easy on it.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I work for a company that waits on coupons to buy consumables. So we were out of flap wheels for about a week before I broke down and went and bought one from Home Depot. Their 60 grit flap wheel has lasted 3 weeks with 3 guys sharing the same one, and only down to about 1/2. The ones the company buys at $7 ea. (with coupon) literally last maaaybe a week, if you're easy on it.
What brand do they sell? I think I've bought from every local hardware store except them.

Go to your local Fastenal and tell them you want to open a cash account. No credit check or any of the bullshit just pay when you pick stuff up. I work at Fastenal and agree 100% that they are overpriced for the everyday walk in guy. Set up an account and you will get some heavy discounts. They will be glad to do it because we get bonuses for every new account. All you need is an address, phone number, and just come up with some bullshit name for your account.

RHINO660 said:
Heavy maintenance in jasper. See RAY. GREAT PRICES

X 2 on this

Also what Fowler is saying about Fastenal. When you open an account they also send you an email with coupons on it weekly

Also if you buy in bulk its cheaper than 1 at a time. You know your gona need it sooner or later and its not like milk that goes bad.

I'll check those out if I need to buy locally again. For now im going to join the crowd at lehigh to see how I like their products. Thanks for all the good info everyone :dblthumb: