• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cutoff, flap and grinding disc etc. suppliers

Re: Re: Cutoff, flap and grinding disc etc. suppliers

TBItoy said:
I don't use flap discs anymore since I got the rubber wheel and the little thin grinding pads. They work cleaner and last longer than flappers.

Am I the only that has no clue what you are talking about here? I've never heard of these, please explain.

benfowler87 said:
Go to your local Fastenal and tell them you want to open a cash account. No credit check or any of the bullshit just pay when you pick stuff up. I work at Fastenal and agree 100% that they are overpriced for the everyday walk in guy. Set up an account and you will get some heavy discounts. They will be glad to do it because we get bonuses for every new account. All you need is an address, phone number, and just come up with some bullshit name for your account.

THIS!!! Hell I didnt know you worked there. I had to resetup my account just two weeks ago. Somehow it got removed or deleted, and I had a big order and it was like double what I expected. I asked a bunch of questions, then found out they were charging me "Walk-In" and I was like "WTF!". I've always just emailed over my order in the morning, and they call me when its pulled. Longest I've waited was until the next morning. They are a little more expensive that some others, but the convience is night and day compared to my local fastener options.

Re: Re: Cutoff, flap and grinding disc etc. suppliers

customcj7 said:
Am I the only that has no clue what you are talking about here? I've never heard of these, please explain.
I could be wrong but I think he's talking about the small pads that you make a half turn to lock in on a rubber/plastic wheel. The only ones I've used were about 2" diameter on some small air grinders at my family's body shop.

InDaShop said:
THIS!!! Hell I didnt know you worked there. I had to resetup my account just two weeks ago. Somehow it got removed or deleted, and I had a big order and it was like double what I expected. I asked a bunch of questions, then found out they were charging me "Walk-In" and I was like "WTF!". I've always just emailed over my order in the morning, and they call me when its pulled. Longest I've waited was until the next morning. They are a little more expensive that some others, but the convience is night and day compared to my local fastener options.

Yeah and can usually have anything overnight.

Lehigh doesn't have 6x48 sanding belts apparently. Anyone got a cheap source for those?

Tcameron said:
www.klingspor.com
This what i use.. Anything you want to get er smooth as glass thumb.gif
Klingspor rep was stopping by my old shop all the time. He was giving us demo **** and it worked like a charm, quality stuff. I closed shop and havne't had a big order since, but next time I do I'm looking into them for sure.

Latest posts