• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cutting down H1 rubber beadlocks?

monstaru

Ok, so ....To date I have tried a bandsaw(small tooth bladde,pretty much knew that was not gonna work),a recip saw with wood blade,and a handpowered saw of the treepruning variety.
I have tried red grease, WD40, and Pb blaster as lube.Was considering switching to White lithium when my arm got so fawwcking tired I had to stop....DOH
HELP :)
Oh yeah, tried a chainsaw also, pretty much just for shits and giggles.But thought, what the hell LOL:haha::fawkdancesmiley:
cheers

Sawzall and cold water. If there is smoke, the rubber is too hot and turns to gum.

yeah.
Its been pretty melty all ways I have tried besides by hand... LOL
I actually killed an old harbor freight REcip that I have had for about 7 yrs trying it with the REcip and PBBlaster....
I need to pick up another.....

I thought about a skilsaw, and a wood bladed bandsaw with lubes.....
That sounded awesome :) LOL
cheers

why cut them? Do you gotta performance mill that makes rotating weight a concern? Unsprung weight is not a bad thing.

Rubber runflats dont "pinch" sidewalls like people say, thats a mag problem.

why cut them? Do you gotta performance mill that makes rotating weight a concern? Unsprung weight is not a bad thing.

Rubber runflats dont "pinch" sidewalls like people say, thats a mag problem.

I have actually run 0 PSI on a HMMV wheel with an unknown internal beadlock.It ran quite well at low rates of speed.The tire damage was not horrible.So maybe it was rubber.
However, I really don't know which tires I will run.35's or the 38's
I have.And was just thinking that if I ran 35's I would need to cut them down.

Just doin stuff, and curious what other folks did to alleviate this conundrum. LOL:fawkdancesmiley:

cheers

Put a piano wire in your arc welders leads. then turn the machine up till it starts to glow but dont melt.

Now you got a hot wire knife!

(I almost forgot you do have a performance mill!)

I did mine with a really big wood band saw. It took a really long time, any time the blade gets hot it would bind the blade and try to stop the saw. I have heard that you can chop it off with a sharp axe but have not tried that method.

I did mine with a really big wood band saw. It took a really long time, any time the blade gets hot it would bind the blade and try to stop the saw. I have heard that you can chop it off with a sharp axe but have not tried that method.

I have bad issues with super sharp stuff :) Fawk that..

And damnit, I thought hot knife too actually.
But didna know what thickness wire.
I tried like 12ga copper wire and couldna heat it up..that was out the ends of a big soldering gun..LOL
Lots and LOTS of juice....Riggghhht.
:haha:
piano wire,guitar string, hrmmmm....
:cool: