• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D30 Locker?

If your looking for a short term fix id go with a lockrite, aussie, or EZ locker.
Honestly its not worth putting an ARB or a detroit in a D30. Unless your swimming in green stuff.
The ARB is the better choice because you can turn it on and off, which will allow your D30 to live a little longer.
The Detroit has no real advantage over the lunchbox locker in your case and
You can pick up a Aussie for ~$240 and install it your self with basic tools
http://aussielocker.com/make.php/TM99ef89/99fa/10/.html

You might want to look into getting a D44 for the front :awesomework:

I second that, I went with the "lunch box" locker for my D30. Just not worth the dough for a tiny little axle that may or may not survive. I'm easy on mine so I think it'll be OK, but your call on if your money ahead to swap to a bigger axle before hand.

I put a Detroit Trutrack in mine and have been very happy. Yes a D44 is in the works down the road! Need $$$'s :;

The new Dana 30 Eaton ELocker is getting great reviews. It's available for 27 or 30 spline shafts and testing showed the R&P would break first. I've got a couple of friends that are using them and they are VERY happy with the performance.

I run a lockrite in my dana30 upfront only broke 1 axle shaft I was in reverse w/ the tires cranked towing a lady off a cliff on mt loop. Its treated me very well with my 33's. Plus shafts are super cheap for replacement. Detroit in my 44 in the rear is deff worth it. We will see what happens when the jeeps done and I'm runnin my 35's.........

AUSSIE LOCKER! thats what I ran with 32 sx's and never broke anything, it was a great locker and cheap! thats how I role, then i got really brave and in my 44 spooled it for $50 and ran hydro assist($130):beer:, can't even tell its locked besides being able the go up everything.

i may have one this weekend that i will want to get rid of i need to see if its reallygot a locker in the front ill hit you up when i find out it mite be a cheap way for you to go

dan
360-888-6169

Latest posts