• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D44 hi-steer arms

nick c

Lewis & Clark bitches!
Looking for a pair of straight steering arms that will line up wiht the knuckles steering arms to run a double sheer set up.

Rockstomper makes a pair that would be perfect but I've been trying to call them since the week before Christmas and have yet to get an answer and I don't want the set they have online as it has the 4th stud.

http://rockstomper.netfirms.com/shoppingcart/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=209

Anyone know of any other companies that make a similar arm?

What rim backspacing are you planning?...most people who try this have clearance issues with the rim and tire

This is the problem with doing what you want. You would need to have like 2.5 or maybe at the most 3 inch backspacing.

I would use normal arms and drill out the holes at the angle of the new setup.

I used Sky's 44 extra tall arms and am running 3.75 or 4" back spacing NP. They are only the three stud, but nice poop any way.

I used Sky's 44 extra tall arms and am running 3.75 or 4" back spacing NP. They are only the three stud, but nice poop any way.

That I am sure also have reverse ackerman angle.

I assume yor not tied into the stock steering arm though?

My hysteer clears 3.75 BS with no problem but has bad ackerman. I could tie the two arms together but have not had a reason to do so.

The bad part on D44 arms is the compromise of scrub vs. proper ackerman. Then you just sit back and run what works:awesomework:

Why do you "need" to do the double sheer? Are you after putting heims in and dont want them to bury into the arm?

That I am sure also have reverse ackerman angle.

My hysteer clears 3.75 BS with no problem but has bad ackerman. I could tie the two arms together but have not had a reason to do so.

The bad part on D44 arms is the compromise of scrub vs. proper ackerman. Then you just sit back and run what works:awesomework:

Why do you "need" to do the double sheer? Are you after putting heims in and dont want them to bury into the arm?

Its only double sheer on the hiem if you put it between the arms and even the arms won't be in a double sheer. But why do it this way? I have seen far to often when studs/bolts break on the arm mounts. Sure it could be tracked down to possible loose bolts but I have seen a couple let loose where there was no evidence of bolts being loose. When you tie the high steer arm to the stock arm you simply add more strength. On my old 44 I never ever had a bolt loosen on my arms(I ran bolts not studs) and on my current front diff the same can be said.

It simply boils down to me and something I always live by and thats build your steering as STRONG as you can/don't skimp and it will never let ya down.

build your steering as STRONG as you can/don't skimp and it will never let ya down.

I agree with as strong as possible.:awesomework:Double sheer and tieing into the stock arm is great idea and all but in the end this is still a "44".

The problem I have is "overbuilding" the whole rig and ending up with a 6,000lb behemoth and breaking just because it weights more.

You can overbuild all you want and still break as **** happens all the time.

Build "smart" is the key:awesomework:

I agree with as strong as possible.:awesomework:Double sheer and tieing into the stock arm is great idea and all but in the end this is still a "44".

The problem I have is "overbuilding" the whole rig and ending up with a 6,000lb behemoth and breaking just because it weights more.

You can overbuild all you want and still break as **** happens all the time.

Build "smart" is the key:awesomework:

But a 44 gotta be able to steer :D

Well for the safe of argument its 2 spacers and 2 long 3/4" bolts :redneck: