• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's good ol sammi. Time for some upgrades Dad

Making room for some new frame work. I didn't like how low the stock frame drops down on the sammi.

P1010042.jpg

P1010041.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010037.jpg

More to come

Here is how it sits now. Still a bunch to do. I'm kinda short on time but promised pics. So here it is so far. Started a new bumper too. Its work in progress

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Next is to finish the bumper, Install New shocks, new brake lines, and a ARB for the rear. Also gonna lower the rear down to match the front. It was a little too tall in my opinion. Dad kept getting hassled by one prick cop that lives on his street so he had to put on flares and flaps.

fwiw

I think I would be more inclined to do the yj's in back and links uo front.

My reasoning.The yj's axle wrap bad,especially if you upgrade the engine.Rear axle wrap is easy to fix with a torque bar lots of room to set one up back there.

Up front with yj's and deep gearing(especially if you upgrade the engine) will wrap real good also...but its tuff to do a torque bar up front.No need for that if it where linked up front.

just an opinion.

Nice work btw very clean job youre doing:awesomework:

Last edited:
fwiw

I think I would be more inclined to do the yj's in back and links uo front.

My reasoning.The yj's axle wrap bad,especially if you upgrade the engine.Rear axle wrap is easy to fix with a torque bar lots of room to set one up back there.

Up front with yj's and deep gearing(especially if you upgrade the engine) will wrap real good also...but its tuff to do a torque bar up front.No need for that if it where linked up front.

just an opinion.

Nice work btw very clean job youre doing:awesomework:

this and you wont have to buy another winch to suck the rear down to keep it from unloading on you. You already have a winch in the front you can use:awesomework: Lookin good, nice and clean:awesomework:

Got some work done today. I finished the front bumper, re mounted the radiador, and painted. Anyone know if Bilstein 5150's are "soft" before I order em'?

P1010082.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010080.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010077.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Did a little flex testin today to measure for shocks. Got some rs 9000's for the front, also beefed up the cross over steering arm, and lowerwd the rear a little. Got my dad to part with his credit card just long enough to order some Spidertrax 1" wheel spacers, DL spacer, and brake lines. Now just gotta get the ARB ordered for the rear. Heres some picks from todays progress.

P1010095.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010097.jpg

P1010100.jpg

Well I got our parts in the other day and installed the new brake lines, wheel spacers, and front driveline spacer. Spidertrax makes nice products.

We took it for a spin down the hwy and it drives great but maybe a little too low geared with the 33's since we were topped out at about 50 mph in 5th gear and 4000 rpm's lol! So I have dad thinking about some new 35" kevlar's.

aea60dff.jpg

e6c1c4b4.jpg

5dccc300.jpg

As you can see there is a little rake to the front end even after I lowered the rear about 3/4". I ordered some add a leafs for the front springs. Should be just right with 35's and level her out.

2f20f02e.jpg

Lookin' nice. I like the homemade steering arms. I did the same thing.

Remember you are going to get more droop in the real world than driveway flexing. Might be surprised, and need longer shocks.:awesomework:

Last edited:
Lookin' nice. I like the homemade steering arms. I did the same thing.

Remember you are going to get more droop in the real world than driveway flexing. Might be surprised, and need longer shocks.:awesomework:

Good point, Thanks. I was kinda thinking that as well and the shocks we got are right at the ext. numbers. Worst case senerio cut off lower shock mount and raise it up. I think I may do that this week.

Well there is a little fine tuning to be done. I need to dial the castor angle back to 7 degrees. It has about 11 right now and had too much steering feedback.

I also want to add a leaf in the front pack.....well actually take out the main leaf and replace with one from some 4" springs I've had laying around.

I also want to re-do the lower shock mounts and raise them up for more droop travel. Ill build new spring pirches for the 2.5" springs and a little longer for anti wrap.

Heres some progress pics
Back at it again

P1010103.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010106.jpg

P1010105.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010108.jpg

P1010116.jpg

P1010115.jpg