• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's good ol sammi. Time for some upgrades Dad

cj5_jeep

So this is my Dads Samurai and it is a great all around rig. He drives it daily and wheels it too. He bought it about four years ago. it was basically all stock. Since then we have sprung it over with YJ springs out back and stock springs up front. we installed a 6.5:1 t case gears, lock rights, and 33" bfg mt's. It's a cool rig but I hate the front suspension set up and I'd like to get a little better stance and a more capable suspension for dear ol Dad:awesomework:

l_ac3e2563ade9023009635e3b0de322e4.jpg

Here's the plan....well my plan. Most of what my dad gets done is influenced by me helping him spend his money. So sometimes I have to be persistant.:haha: We have some stock yj springs to put up front but I'm thinkin somethin a little cooler than that. I have a pair of 14" Race runner air shox nib waiting to a nice light rig like this with a three link.

8b05ece4.jpg

Dad picked up a narrowed tracker rear and suki front with 5:13's (running 3.73's now) So were planning on installing new axles, re-vamp the front suspension, and I hope to push him into some 35" goodyear kevlars on some spyder locks........we'll see about that:D This will continue to be a street legal weekend warrior but its time for dad to get some upgrades.

So here is some older wheelin pics I found. Ill get some more detailed pics of the rig before I get started next week.

l_5c5efa42e3879c45e8a0f119f2f555d7.jpg

l_8e0feb49e5030268dbaed98afbfa89a6.jpg

l_f4d9cfa40a2791c0a85a9b9439de99cc.jpg

Don't know much about the zuks but are those axles going to hold up to some 35s? Chop Shop built a sammy for my buddy,hes running 36's on Toyotal axles and has had no problems:awesomework:

Kind of funny because I am the same way wth my dad when it comes to getting him to spend his $$$:redneck:

Why not use Yj's in the front, and link the rear? Then you can stretch it a little while you're at it.

Don't know much about the zuks but are those axles going to hold up to some 35s? Chop Shop built a sammy for my buddy,hes running 36's on Toyotal axles and has had no problems:awesomework:

Kind of funny because I am the same way wth my dad when it comes to getting him to spend his $$$:redneck:

The tracker\sidekick rear ends are said to be tough like toyota and the sammi front has chro mos. My Dad is kinda a light foot finess driver so they should hold up to 35" as long as he doesnt let me drive haha. If they dont hold up Ill talk him into yotas:awesomework:

should be fine and you are in longview huh i see the sami go by all the time and i reconize the upper rock pit by 5 corners lol

Yeah he drives that thing everywhere! He even has a 6.0 HD that just sits in the garage. He loves his suk. Yep 3000 line outta toutle. I hope to get my jeep together enough to get up in da snow.

Why not use Yj's in the front, and link the rear? Then you can stretch it a little while you're at it.

Guess I havent thought of that. We were just gonna go YJ all around we did the rears and he's just been waiting on me to do the fronts. It might eventually get linked front and rear someday. For now I think well just re work the front.
good idea thanks man

yha, i think id lean more to the air shocks in the rear, yj's up front..... keep it more stable on the end with the weight on it.

yha, i think id lean more to the air shocks in the rear, yj's up front..... keep it more stable on the end with the weight on it.

I was talking to my dad tonight and planing our attack. We agree that the air shox and links would work better out back. So the plan is to finish the yj springs up front and then do the air shox and links a little later. I'm workin the wheels and tires. Ha ha

in the last pic there is a ranger in the background, friend of yours? just curious because it looks like my ranger, or it looks like my ranger did when i bought it:rolleyes:

in the last pic there is a ranger in the background, friend of yours? just curious because it looks like my ranger, or it looks like my ranger did when i bought it:rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the ranger. I know the white yj was my friends dad. That was a new years day run there was a ton of rigs.

I got a bunch of work done on the suk today. Installed the sidekick rear end, and cut out the front suspension. I have a bunch of pics I'll post tommorow. I hate how far the samurai frame drops down out the front. It looks like it has a body lift. Gonna have to do something about that........

if your running YJ's in the front id suggest running missing links also im running YJ's front and rear on mine and love the set up makesure to run long shocks you get hella flex with the missing links and YJ's

if your running YJ's in the front id suggest running missing links also im running YJ's front and rear on mine and love the set up makesure to run long shocks you get hella flex with the missing links and YJ's

Missing links do work well. However this thing is getting a reverse shackle. It's coming along quite well. I have a ton of pictures to post but I won't be able to till tomorrow. Stay tuned. This thing is lookin good.