• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 300 and ax15 tranny question

wheeler57

ok so i have 86 toyota mainly stock
just 33s and dual cases still ifs
but anyway i got a twin sticked dana 300 and ax15 tranny and in order for me to run the tranny and dana 300 would it be easyer to just get an adapter to adapt to my stock tranny the use 300 or get a bellhousing to built the ax15 and 300

also how would i go about input shaft wise

any help would awsome

Last edited:
ide like to go that rout to just to stay toyota
an adapter should run about 4 to 500$
if it cheaper to go with a bellhousing to fit the toyota motor i would lean towards that

The ax15 is a "toyota trans"... Its just an r150f with a longer input shaft and different output. If you want to do it without adapters then you'll need an r151f bellhousing, r150f input shaft and an ax15. Swap the input and bolt the bellhousing on done. You'll also want a 5/8" thick clocking ring for the 300 so it'll bolt up easily.

The ax15 is a "toyota trans"... Its just an r150f with a longer input shaft and different output. If you want to do it without adapters then you'll need an r151f bellhousing, r150f input shaft and an ax15. Swap the input and bolt the bellhousing on done. You'll also want a 5/8" thick clocking ring for the 300 so it'll bolt up easily.
sweet thanks seems pretty simple
another question is the dana 300 a pretty low tcase
i had toyota dual cases with stock gears 2.28 to 2.28 with 4/10s
would the dana 300 be close to what i had
appreciate your help white trash

sweet thanks seems pretty simple
another question is the dana 300 a pretty low tcase
i had toyota dual cases with stock gears 2.28 to 2.28 with 4/10s
would the dana 300 be close to what i had
appreciate your help white trash
i still have the duals

ill pull the bellhousing off tomarow and see what the deal is and give you some details
thanks for the help again