• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 44 chromoly axles

Green Bean said:
I have a 95 wrangler with waggy 44s and 38 tsl running for 5 years now only broke one stub shaft
that is a fact

I had a gm 10 bolt with chromo's and 38's and beat the piss out of it with no problems until i tried 42's

I'm still running factory 44's in my Rubicon with 37" stickies. Was breaking 30 spline chromo stubs nearly every ride. Went to rcv's and haven't had the first bit of trouble. Well worth the money. Actually got less in the rcv's than I had in all the chromo axles and spline upgrades.

04rubi said:
I'm still running factory 44's in my Rubicon with 37" stickies. Was breaking 30 spline chromo stubs nearly every ride. Went to rcv's and haven't had the first bit of trouble. Well worth the money. Actually got less in the rcv's than I had in all the chromo axles and spline upgrades.

get upgraded to 30spline outers with the rcvs?

I know a guy who runs a cromo'd 44 up front with 42's and a nicely built 355 I think he has broken 1 shaft since but it all boils down driving habits IMO

xjkrawler said:
get upgraded to 30spline outers with the rcvs?
no they don't offer 30 spline outers in rubicon axles that way you can still run a factory unit bearing. they guarantee them up to a 40'' tire though. they said their 27 spline would be a lot stronger than the 30 spline alloy usa upgrade kit i was runnin and so far they are right.