• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 44 RVC joint?????

I mean hell, the hole on a waggy knuckle is so small that you can't get alloys in with the grease fittings. you have to take the grease fittings out and put them in after the shaft is in.. at least on my buddies warn axles and ctms.

why grind the stud? makes no sence.

why grind the stud? makes no sence.

From my understanding you have to grind the threads on the lower bj for the plastic cup to clear NOT for birf clearance. I remember someone mentioning once upon a time that you put the cup in place then slide the inner and birf through it.

From my understanding you have to grind the threads on the lower bj for the plastic cup to clear NOT for birf clearance. I remember someone mentioning once upon a time that you put the cup in place then slide the inner and birf through it.

I know this is true on the 60's.

And it makes even more sense when you are dealing with a smaller birf to start with. :D

not really.

like i said, the chevy and waggy knuckle holes is really small.
the ford is about 1/2" bigger.

for this to hold true, the boot would have to be about 3/8" thick.

Bobby knows something. Personally i wouldnt touch them, As they are a brand new part from a company that supposedly has customer service issues. I dread having to send any of my birfs parts in..

This is the reason I am now thinking of not running RCV 60 joints (in a upcoming build of mine). I will not do business with bad customer service. Companys that have bad customer service should be shut down:looser:

Kinda what I was thinking, but there is a bit of room already there to begin with.

I guess I will wait for some poor sucker to try these out before I think much more. Somebody else can deal with all the problems that will most likely arise from this (what I think) mistake.

There is a reason Bobby never looked very far into this.

when i spoke with bobby, he said they would only work on the ford D44.. and that market is too small, thats why he didn't do it.

I'd love a set IF they were better than the alloys. I really don't want to upgrade my entire front end when i go to 38's... hope i don't break many shafts.

not really.

like i said, the chevy and waggy knuckle holes is really small.
the ford is about 1/2" bigger.

for this to hold true, the boot would have to be about 3/8" thick.

Couldn't tell ya, the pis I saw had the nut ground down, not just the extra threads and the boot was damned close. Almost wonder if they didn't remove the knuckle to put them in then reassemble??

Couldn't tell ya, the pis I saw had the nut ground down, not just the extra threads and the boot was damned close. Almost wonder if they didn't remove the knuckle to put them in then reassemble??

Same thought. What a pain in the ass that would be :booo:

Latest posts