• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 44 RVC joint?????

tomsbrokeagain

I have been watching this thread http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816714&page=3&highlight=dana+44+cv+axles and I have many questions as to how they think they pulled this off.

One question I have is how did they fit a cv big enough to work through the small spindle bore? I understand you have to grind the lower ball joint nut to clear but how could you fit a joint that big through the spindle bore?

Next would be real world testing? Has anybody seen or heard of anybody actually testing this product?

How about better steering angles what angles will these go to for steering?

Just wondering if anyone on this board has any info?

:corn:

i've been watching it for awhile too. They keep saying "ready to ship in 2 weeks" :rolleyes:

But I want to know how much abuse that ball can take? They say they have someone testing the product for them but I haven't heard of anyone.

I am going to choose not to support them as they screwed bobby out of exclusivity and started marketing "longfield" products as rcv, selling bobby's u joints to ten factory. From what i have read, Bobby had exclusive rights to these joints through RCV and they essentially screwed the little guy. Care to add anything Bobby?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830562&highlight=ten+factory+joints

:awesomework:

If they would sell them as a longfield which would be the right thing to do Ill bet they would sell a **** ton more product just because of the name as Bobby has the best name on the market for customer service....Cant get any better than that.

Last edited:
:awesomework:

If they would sell them as a longfield which would be the right thing to do Ill bet they would sell a **** ton more product just because of the name as Bobby has the best name on the market for customer service....Cant get any better than that.

here here:beer::awesomework::beer::looser:

put longfield name on it and ask another hundred bucks, give bobby the 100 bucks and call it a day.

everybody wins.

Waiting for the daze to show up here. He seemed to ask the rcv guys all the questions they couldnt answer. If i remember correctly it is smaller that a toy birf.

Waiting for the daze to show up here. He seemed to ask the rcv guys all the questions they couldnt answer. If i remember correctly it is smaller that a toy birf.

More simular to the JK 44 birf.

That was what I was thinking and I want to know how they(RCV) thinks they pulled off making the joint work.

I also thought this idea was **** canned a while ago due to the fact that the older 44's have too small of a spindle bore.

And to add the whole Bobby vs RCV debate isn't the purpose of this thread go back to the chatter box if you have nothing to add to the topic of this thread. I would like to ONLY see info on this product, Thanks.

We will post the test data soon, but this joint has similar strength to our JK Rubicon 44 Joints.

This above statement is what you are refering to, well saying the joint is the same strength as a JK would have nothing to do with the size of the joint. I know for a fact that this new joint will have to be substantially smaller than the JK version.

Now that being said how could a smaller joint be stronger than a larger joint. Just think of a Toyota birf vs a Sammy birf. Hell Bobby's have a larger bell that gives the Toy birf more strength.

I just don't get what you are trying to say. Sounds like you don't really know much about these joints.

I am interested to actually see the product installed also. Sean at RCV seems to be pretty quiet about the whole deal. He said that 30 spline driveflanges need to be ran. $1200 seems like alot for dana 44 shafts. Add the HP housing, gears, knuckles, crossover, locker, yoke, bearings, everything else and you can have a $4000 Dana 44 front.

Well when bobby corey odie and i looked at the knuckles on the d44 we all think the birf will have to be smaller than a toyota more like a sami birf I imagine they will be weak.

The spindle bore is very small. It's bad enough trying to squeeze an alloy shaft in there. But I have took a flapper wheel to the axle shaft and rounded the U-joint caps. So its slides in no-problem.

But hell that opening is only 3.4". Thats not a lot of room to work with.

so on the opening, then why are the ball joints a problem.
I can see on a ford spindle, but on waggy and chebbies, the hole is very small.

I remember a conversation i had with one of the powers that be. they would work on a ford but not on a smaller id spindle.. so why the gringing of hte ball joint stud?

Im confused.

I've never had to grind my Ball joints. Even with alloy shafts there is still at least 1/4" clearance from the BJ. It's the lower that comes close.

Yes they are smaller then a toy Birf.:eeek:

Thanks that is what I thought:awesomework:

I am interested to actually see the product installed also. Sean at RCV seems to be pretty quiet about the whole deal. He said that 30 spline driveflanges need to be ran. $1200 seems like alot for dana 44 shafts. Add the HP housing, gears, knuckles, crossover, locker, yoke, bearings, everything else and you can have a $4000 Dana 44 front.

I would like to see what they have come up with also. RVC has been saying 2 weeks for months now just would like to see some actual tests. The part about the $4K D44, well I have a 44 built in my rig and holds up well for what I want. I have been looking at putting TJ knuckles on just to run the Birfs so this may be an option for me. I would like the smoother steering and less headache than the non bearing u-joints that constantly need maintenance.

Well when bobby corey odie and i looked at the knuckles on the d44 we all think the birf will have to be smaller than a toyota more like a sami birf I imagine they will be weak.

Kinda where I was going before with the whole howd they do it:eeek:

so on the opening, then why are the ball joints a problem.
I can see on a ford spindle, but on waggy and chebbies, the hole is very small.

I remember a conversation i had with one of the powers that be. they would work on a ford but not on a smaller id spindle.. so why the gringing of hte ball joint stud?

Im confused.

This is why I want to know----why grind the lower ball joint stud if you can't fit a joint in big enough to hit it.:eeek:

Ya I am confused as well because they don't seem to be getting us/the end user any clues. Unless Bobby might know something? Maybe they are taking deposits just like Portal Tek:looser:

Bobby knows something. Personally i wouldnt touch them, As they are a brand new part from a company that supposedly has customer service issues. I dread having to send any of my birfs parts in..

Last edited: