• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 Axles with U-Joint Lock Rings

Angus

Hey everyone. I need a new set of Dana 60 35 spline front axles and want the kind that are machined for a lock ring for the u-joint. Any of you know who manufactures these? I have seen them online b4 but cannot for the life of me find them again. HELP!:mad::mad::mad:

Do you mean full circle snap rings instead of Spicer c-clips? Every aftermarket Dana 60 Shaft I have seen accepts the full circle snap rings.

Try:
Dana-Spicer
CTM
Yukon- India and USA
Alloy USA/10 Factory
www.Longfieldsuperaxles.com makes the best Dana 60 front shafts!

All these companys make 35 spline Dana 60 inner/outer front shafts.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong here. I 'm talking about the axle u-joint ears on the axle. DOn't they have to be machines to accept a full circle lock ring? I have seen these on line b4 and can't find em now. I can find the ujoint now thanks to Crazy Daze. I'm just trying to put all this together. Thanks for the help, keep it coming! :awesomework:

So I just checked both my axles and none of the ears had grooves of any kind inside them. So no, not all D60 axles have the lock ring groove.

FWIW, you can can clearance your spicer shafts to accept the full circle clips. All of the aftermarket alloy shafts I have ever ran were already clearanced for full circle clips...

So I just checked both my axles and none of the ears had grooves of any kind inside them. So no, not all D60 axles have the lock ring groove.

None of them have snap ring grooves. The snap ring goes to the inside of the ear up against it. If you look at a stock axle you will see that only a C clip will work as there isn't a flat surface all of the way around the inside of the U joint.

I have some 35 spline Dana 60 axles with no clips to deal with at all. :corn:

Yes, and after driving out of "Rusty Nail" (Moab) at night, in the middle of a rain storm, in front wheel drive only, I was VERY glad I had your CV axles in there.