• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 60 chromoly shafts rub on C's

OnedayB

so i just bought new 35 spline 4340 shafts/joints/drive flanges for my chev dana 60 and went to put them in tonight and the inter shaft yoke rubs on the C has anyone else ran into this problem? or any info on what to do? im going to call the shop i got them from tomorrow:mad:

well with inter and outer shaft installed and drive flange on hub with the "c clip" on the outer shaft if you push it in by hand to max out the travel it can slide in. then turn the shaft by hand it rubs on the tips of the yoke just a little bit

Grind them smooth. I have had to grind the casting marks to get them thru the knucles before on the 44 stuff....

Jeeebuz mikey, what the hell did you use to get that ujoint in, a BMFH???:haha:
attachment.php

Jeeebuz mikey, what the hell did you use to get that ujoint in, a BMFH???:haha:
attachment.php

Ya grind them down.. they are the right shafts... I got Yukons that I had to also and my buddy did the same.

Kev, BMFH and cold chisel=dinged up U joint. :redneck:

Removing those rubbing spots won't affect anything :awesomework:

thats what i was thinking about doing but i did not want to void any warranty. but none the less call RPM raceing today and talked to them and they did send me yokon's so they are sending me out nitro's first thing this morning :corn:

Ya grind them down.. they are the right shafts... I got Yukons that I had to also and my buddy did the same.

Kev, BMFH and cold chisel=dinged up U joint. :redneck:
:redneck::haha:
:kissmyass:

no no :kissmyass: i used a press:awesomework: the caps dont have any ding's in them but it look like they do in the pic's big time

:fawkdancesmiley: Just :stirpot: buddy! I'm sure you know better than that---hell you have a grinder on the trail!!! No screwin' around fo sho!!:awesomework: It sure does look like it's dinged up though!:yikes:

It may be a defect, but it'll never change, I've had to knock the corners off of every chromo shaft I've ever installed since their introduction (probably over 100). It won't affect your warranty.

Wierd, my US made superiors fit right in... :redneck:

It would be interesting to see how many D60 guys here have import vs. Domestic axles shafts.

I know Bobby has tested a ton of 44 shafts and the imports ranged from weaker than stock to decent. IIRC, the domestic 4340 were always the best.

Domestic for me x2.:D

It would be interesting to see how many D60 guys here have import vs. Domestic axles shafts.

I know Bobby has tested a ton of 44 shafts and the imports ranged from weaker than stock to decent. IIRC, the domestic 4340 were always the best.

Domestic for me x2.:D

Yep superior evolution dana 60 35 splines for me to....Foote axle makes them in socal..:cheer:

Latest posts