• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 Spindle

motoman432

So I just got done ripping my front end apart so i could put new tube seals and noticed that all my spindle bearings were shot. This is the second time in six months i've had to do it now. So is there anyone that makes a good aftermarket spindle or do i have to get stock ones?

ring and pinion stock's spindles at a good price. Doesn't make much sense buying a high end spindle..... if there is such a thing. Your killing spindles that often you've got some problem's elsewhere.

Define please spindle bearings "shot"? How?

And since the spindle is just a support for the bearings, why do you think replacing the spindle will help?

My experience says, that bearing failure is primarily due to preload failure (too loose, too tight).

Last edited:
its the spindle bearings and the wheel bearings but just on one side the other side is fine. ya most of my wheelin is in the mud and yes they do get cleaned out regulary too. i was just curious cause my buddies dad say they wear out around the seal and its hard to ever get them to seal up right afterwards

I use gobs of grease behind spindles......It ast like a secondary seal its messy but works well....And we have grease in 5 gal pails

I guess i'll just try that this time i always pack them full of grease. and if it happens again i'll just have to try something new

well pretty much every where you go there is mud in washington so its not like you can get away from it ya know. and ya its hard on parts and so is anything else too