• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60's or a9 inch?

So would a '79 Ford F250 camper special have a HP60 front and what rear? Or did it have a 44 in the front?

There is a whole truck on CL for 2G's that probably could be parted to regain some of the cash

Very Possible. This is info from the Prirate Board and that's one on the rigs they used as an example to find a Dana 60.

Here's the link....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The following pics are of a 1979 Ford F-250 Camper Special High Pinion Dana 60[/FONT]

Dcp_4512%20copy.jpg
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/Dcp_4512 copy.jpg

Dove,
Why do you want to spend so much on new stuff? money to burn?

They are nice for sure but, are you building a show truck?

I know mike didnt dump 12k on his front and rear.. I'm assuming he got a killer deal on center sections and pieces them together himself or had S&N put them together? At half the cost.

But when all said and done used centers are just as good as new, just the bling factor?

Put the extra cash into suspension...

Not to mention I break 60's and there cheap to replace

:cool: just rambling :D

like i said this is not a build thread or the start of a build:flipoff: , i simply don't know much about 1 ton stuff, and i wanted to know what i need to be looking for at the junkyard, and what i need to be looking for period. that pirate link is rediculious:awesomework: it doesn't seam like it would be cheaper to spend 1500 on a junk yard front 60 then have to spend another 1500 on gears/ARB/shafts/ hubs ect... then it would be to spend 4000-5000 on a new 60

New Prorock's shipped are about $15,000 depending on options.

Troy, so I'm not sure if I heard you right, but did you say Junkyard is just as good as aftermarket?

Mike you better sell you're prorock's, rumor has it they are no benefit, take that money and build some factory hp60's, then spend that money improving you're suspension (air bumps)

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

New Prorock's shipped are about $15,000 depending on options.

Troy, so I'm not sure if I heard you right, but did you say Junkyard is just as good as aftermarket?

Mike you better sell you're prorock's, rumor has it they are no benefit, take that money and build some factory hp60's, then spend that money improving you're suspension (air bumps)

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

For what he's gonna do with it YES or Crash for that matter :fawkdancesmiley:

coome on guys good info and suggestions not BS:flipoff:

:beatdeadhorse: :stirpot:
Easiest: Just buy new XYZ brand Dana 60's with all the Bling parts you want, hell have em chromed:redneck: . $5000 to $25000 and you are done.
Next: Buy rebuilt D60s with all the Bling parts, $4000 to ?$8000?
Next: Rebuild yourself; used axles say $3000 to $5000.
Dana 60's are without doubt the simplest no matter how you slice it and as long as you don't narrow em the easiest to get repair parts when you brake em. If you are going to do a lot of pavement pounding consider Ball Joints.

The 9" option is going to be mid-range price wise, taking longer to build.
Could be stronger.
Could have better clearance.
Could be lighter.
Could have a tighter turning angle.
Will have the Bling factor period.:cool:

IMNSHO it depends on how you will use them.
I could not care less about crawling on Rocks!
I like speed. For my next build I am not going to lug around a D60 front or rear! If I don

There's no such thing as "good info"...just dumbasses with opinions :haha: :haha: :haha:

Its all good quality BS if you ask me..

This thread has been beaten down and done long time ago..

If you dont have a answer from post 5 then move on :;

Sounds like you have money to burn. buy the most expensive thing you can. that should work

Last edited:
My dumbass opinion. Buy a set of front/rear axles from Odie. Put long birfs in it and good high steer, Detroit front and rear and gears and yer set...Only about 6 grand right? Then theres the wheels tires and the good to make em work.....Got a credit card?

all knowing Darius said sell um.... better listen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No it was the all knowing you with a comment so foolish as to say that junkyard is just as good as aftermarket. (I will note that Rockcrusher differential's are the biggest steaming pile of dogshit in the whole world.....bar none)

Latest posts