• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DC Trip Planning

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
Jen and I are going to DC for our 5 year anniversary next Thurs-Sun. We both went when we were little and I went for 2 days when I graduated college. Looking for fun things to do and see up there. I know of the obvious like Smithsonian, Washington Monunment, Lincoln Memorial, etc. What else is there and what about food and night life? We are staying at the Marriott at Metro Center which is just a few blocks from the White House.

Thanks!

Matt Williamsburg, VA is a pretty cool place to drive to, to see kind of the old school way of things. they also do a revolutinary war simulation, or did awhile back. also jefferson's house Monticello is pretty solid as well, especially all the things he invented.

Viet Nam Memorial wall. See if they ever painted the White House fence. Give it a nod, I hear :afro: are moving in. You need to do a lot of internet searching, there is so much, and you have not given it enought time.

I only have 2 full days to look around, so I am going for most bang for the buck. I would like to check out some of the newer memorials/museums that I may have missed before

You sure you want to go to DC next week. If something happens and Obama doesn't get in it could be ugly there.

CRANK1 said:
Matt Williamsburg, VA is a pretty cool place to drive to, to see kind of the old school way of things. they also do a revolutinary war simulation, or did awhile back. also jefferson's house Monticello is pretty solid as well, especially all the things he invented.

Williamsburg is a pretty cool place. Just went there last month for my friends wedding. Got to stay at a house that is 258 years old! Although it does have indoor plumbing and all that stuff now.

Cole said:
You sure you want to go to DC next week. If something happens and Obama doesn't get in it could be ugly there.

yea it could get bad like 'kill whitey"

on topic though, take a bus tour of the place thumb.gif that's the easiest way to see all the big memorial stuff...

Matt, you know I just went the beginning of September. There is a new WWII memorial down by the Lincoln memorial. The Vietnam memorial is in that area as well. Go to Georgetown at night, lots of good eating places there. Go to the conservatory also that is at the base of the capitol. As far as the Smithsonian's go, we enjoyed the Air & Space and the Natural Science the best. You also have to go to the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence. Be ready to do ALOT of walking. A place that is very rich in history that you can catch lunch or dinner one day is the Hawk and Dove. Grab a cab and tell them to take you there. The place oozes with history, you really need to go there. If you happen to see the aquarium, skip it. The only thing that costs money and it sucks. If you want to go up in the Washington Monument go on line and request tickets, other wise you will not get one to go up.

And John, as of a couple of months ago the fence had not been painted...
DSC01776.jpg

My wife and son just got back from D.C. last week and had a great time. One thing no one else has said is to go to the Pentagon. That was one of the highlights of the trip. The memorials from the attack are pretty cool how the did them. If your into structual Engineering, then you will be amazed at their technolgy. $10,000.00 PER WINDOW, and alot of other stuff. thumb.gif

InDaShop said:
I told him to drive to Va and see the Pentagon, and the National Cemetary.
I loved the Pentagon when I got a tour. I was in highschool and there with Cival Air Patrol we got the in deep tour. Sorry couldnt tell you were anything is there though, I got so turned around and lost in there. Every corridor looks the same, and then you add all the rings that have the same corridors....... That place is something else.

They have a memorial of park benches outside kinda spread out. There is one bench per person that was killed inside the building and something else? for everyone that was on the plane. Pretty saddening, but true. I have got to go and see it myself, that place is a true fortress. Your lucky to have had that chance though. thumb.gif

We have been here since Thurs, and have seen most of what interests us. We have had horrible food everywhere we have gone. Tommorrow night is our anniversary dinner and we need something GOOD. Anybody know a place that is good. We are staying at Metro Center which is just a few blocks from the White House, but I will take a cab anywhere if the food is worth a ****

Thanks Wyatt, I am sure there are lots of good eats but we are not picking any good ones. Don't want to mess the fancy meal up

Its tonight, we are going to hit up a chop house. I am very disappointed with this trip, it has sucked. Horrible food, terrible service and just no fun. Tons of ninjas and a bunch of folks that cannot speak english. We went to the ESPN zone to watch bama and I sat at the bar for no **** 10 munutes and still no one even attempted to serve me. I bought a 12 pack and we are watching from the room. This city is to diverse for me and nobody cares about doing there job. I will never come back.

Matt O. said:
Its tonight, we are going to hit up a chop house. I am very disappointed with this trip, it has sucked. Horrible food, terrible service and just no fun. Tons of ninjas and a bunch of folks that cannot speak english. We went to the ESPN zone to watch bama and I sat at the bar for no **** 10 munutes and still no one even attempted to serve me. I bought a 12 pack and we are watching from the room. This city is to diverse for me and nobody cares about doing there job. I will never come back.

I will add that Jen just went to pick up a take up snack for us and there was 200 ninjas in the lobby. Apparantly a big chuch thing was in our hotel today. We are in a NICE full service Marriott BTW. This place is a let down for sure.