• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DD/ Tow rig tires

Anthony1

I'm getting close to needing new tires for my daily driver/ tow rig. I'm just wondering what people are running and how there holding up? I drive a 2011 3500 HD dually with 90% of my miles are on the hwy. :beer:

I got 60,000 out of my last set of Toyo A/T's on my 03 duramax dually. Mostly DD with the weekend towing project.

I was reading rave reviews of the BFG commercial tires, but apparently they had a defect in a few batches, so I went again with the Toyo's back in February of this year.

They have a new tread design on the Toyo A/Ts that is a bit more aggressive than the previous set of I had. So far they have held up well after 7K miles on the truck. Mostly towing.

I have about 7k on my Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's and havent had any complaints. they also worked good in the snow this year just driving and towing. Its mainly a DD also.

i went through 6 toyo a/t on my powerstroke. switched to goodyear wrangler pro grade 10 ply. not one issue. and i do 2 trips to montana a month. thinking about removing my jack and spare to save weight ;)

The Toyo ATs seems to do pretty well on duallies, a buddy of mine got around 55k out of his.. They also have the AT IIs, which are a slight bit more aggressive looking.

I have Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's and they have done really well.They wear good and ride awesome.Super quite.Did awesome going over the passes this winter,and on the back roads cuttin logs out of folks way last winter.

I used to haul a 4200# camper with them and they did not break a sweat.
I have to say that these tires are impressive as hell.They are a 50k tire as well.

I got them on EBay from Discount tire.So, I got a warranty as well.

Last edited:
Just remember, mileage doesnt make a great tire.

Toyos go for long miles cuz there a HARD pos tire. Im sure an oak tire would last as long too.

I put toyos on a rig once and I could not pull out in front of anyone in the rain.

I ran BFGs this time. No problems. Tall skinny 10 plys with knobbies.

I have NEVER seen a gov/mil contract for small tires with TOYO either. They have recently dropped the goodyear line in favor of the BFG. Badyears were killing sidewalls on heavy rigs, killer traction tho.