• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Definition Of HEAVY DUTY?

SemiTrkDrvr

I just recently bought a 99 XJ and decided to do some minor things to it to make it a Nice Family Wagon. Lift, Tires, Traction Devices so on and so on.

So my issue here is the TERM "HEAVY DUTY".

I wont name the Vendor cause I'm not bashing just giving some personal opinions. I recently purchased a HEAVY DUTY Adjustable Track Bar for my XJ. This Track Bar also came with a new bracket to replace the factory one located on the body. With that being said, I go to open up the boxes to view my new stuff like a kid on Christmas Day. Only to find out that I have to re-use my factory bolts on the bracket and my Track Bar only has a grade 5 bolt to attach it at the axle. This may not be an issue to most people, but I personally hate to re-use those rusted nasty bolts and then have to put my Family's life in the hands of a CHEAP ASS GRADE 5 BOLT. A Track Bar is no joke, if it should fail in any way, the consequences could be deadly! I would expect a HEAVY DUTY KIT to come with HEAVY DUTY PARTS. Not CHEAP ASS CRAP! So instead of just installing the kit and being on my merry way. I now have to go BUY HEAVY DUTY BOLTS to install it. :wtf:

Am I out of line thinking like this? Did I expect more than I paid for? I would think that $222 Dollars should have gotten me a few GRADE 8 BOLTS. Just my opinion.

Heavy duty is a term to get you to give them your money and if you have an issue with please contact costomer service at 1-800-SCREWEDU and they will give store credit once you ship it back at your cost. :D

Heavy Duty

YUP aint that the truth. I would have been better off building the stuff myself which is usually what I do. But time was of the essence here and that didnt even pay off cause it took more than a week to get it. Go Figure!:mad:

did the ad for the kit say it included bolts? I have never got a track bar that did.(early bronco) Sometimes grade 5 are better than grade 8 due to shear factors and being more brittle. I will let the experts on such things get more into that.

Heavy Duty

The Ad stated that it was a kit. New trac bar, new mounts, HEAVY DUTY. Their TOP OF THE LINE KIT. I'm not mad at the Vendor, I just figured that such a bad ass heavy duty kit would come with new bolts and good ones to boot. Especially for the price. Will a grade 5 bolt work? I really dont know, nor do I care cause I'm not gonna find out. I already replaced all of it with Grade 8 zinc coated bolts.

did the ad for the kit say it included bolts? I have never got a track bar that did.(early bronco) Sometimes grade 5 are better than grade 8 due to shear factors and being more brittle. I will let the experts on such things get more into that.
Agree... grade 5 is fine for your setup.

Also: Some factory bolts are better than after market bolts. Unless they are rusty and nasty.

We try to reuse most factory bolts when we install new lifts and that includes trac-bars.

With that said... IMO: you had different expectations of what you paid for and what you received. Obviously it's impossible to describe every after market item to a T but you should at least call the vendor and explain to them what you thought you were getting. They may want to update their ad so this miss-understanding doesn't happen in the future. They may also explain to you why they sent the bolts they did and why they recommend re-using the factory bolts. Maybe they've tested this part and have found it to work best with the setup they've recommended???

Saying something is "heavy duty" in an add carries as much weight as saying something is "new and improved".

and to think.... the greatest oxymoron in the automotive industry..... chevy calling there trucks heavy duty.......
:stirpot: :corn: