• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

deflowered

Looking good Brad. :awesomework:

Seems like alot of leverage on those tank flanges though, beings that the bottom of the supports are on somewhat of a pivot. Just a thought.

Looking good Brad. :awesomework:

Seems like alot of leverage on those tank flanges though, beings that the bottom of the supports are on somewhat of a pivot. Just a thought.

Thanks.:cool:

Which pics are you looking at? In a few its only half done. In the later pics its got a two legs on each and some support between the two aswell. Its not hung in bushings its just tube bolted between tabs also.:redneck:

Its only got to work for awhile anyways so I didnt want to put a bunch of time in it. I dont know if its going to get fuel injection or propane. I like propane, but I have all the fuelly stuff paid for.:;

Either way it will get a handmade fuel tank or a propane tank.:beer:

Thanks.:cool:

Which pics are you looking at? In a few its only half done. In the later pics its got a two legs on each and some support between the two aswell. Its not hung in bushings its just tube bolted between tabs also.:redneck:

Its only got to work for awhile anyways so I didnt want to put a bunch of time in it. I dont know if its going to get fuel injection or propane. I like propane, but I have all the fuelly stuff paid for.:;

Either way it will get a handmade fuel tank or a propane tank.:beer:

:awesomework: From the pictures it looked like just a two legged stand on either side, with nothing supporting it from side to side. Kind of like standing on an old wobbly step stool. :D It's probably a non-issue, but just an observation really. :beer:

I wanted to keep the link angles as close to level as possible. By mounting the lower links on the bottom of the frame it was just about right.:awesomework:

The lower link mounts are smaller and lower profile than my old leaf spring hangers and I never had a problem with those hanging up. I mean the tranny tcase arent alot lower than those mounts.:kissmyass:

I can deal with a belly snag about 2 percent of the time as compared to bad geometry 100 percent of the time. :awesomework:

Theres nothing at Elbe that i can get my rig hung up on, And i wont go to reiter so it isnt a issue for me:awesomework:

Plus I figured it was best to put them somewhere thats 90 percent kosher, than stare at it for years searching for everything thats "perfect".:rolleyes:

This was the quickest, easiest, and simplest I could come up with. Plus its mine, so its not like Im gonna have anybody bitchin at me about it.:haha:

I have that red toyota to do on links aswell. Ill find what I like/dont like and do his a step better.:awesomework:

Your right, Flat bellies are soo 80's.:beer:

:awesomework: From the pictures it looked like just a two legged stand on either side, with nothing supporting it from side to side. Kind of like standing on an old wobbly step stool. :D It's probably a non-issue, but just an observation really. :beer:

I kinda figured thats what you meant. LOL:haha: I was pretending it didnt need it!:redneck:

Oh well I figured I better fix it the right way. I took some 2 inch 1/4wall flatbar and a couple tabs and mounted some side to side shear bracing to it aswell.:awesomework:

Approve?:corn:

Attachments

• Misc 101.jpg
    Misc 101.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 359
  • Misc 104.jpg
    Misc 104.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 358
  • Misc 105.jpg
    Misc 105.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 354
  • Misc 107.jpg