• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Delete

Re: Diesel truck

sascommander184 said:
I'm starting to look for a diesel truck to drive daily and tow my toys. Open to all kinds of trucks. Budget is about $20,000 I really like black 6 speed cummins , but Chevys ride nice. No single cab and no DRW. Looking for something pretty stock. I hate rock stars rather have factory aluminum wheels with 35s and a leveling kit. Dodge cloth sucks rather have the leather. Open to ford and older trucks if they are nice and well kept. Bullet proofed and deleted trucks are welcome they just have to pass hamilton county emissions and I will run the truck through before purchasing booyang

you pretty much just described my truck to a "T", except mine is blue and has 37s. It took me several months to find a "low mileage" (under 100k mi) 3rd gen, cc, 6 spd, 4x4, Laramie

they're out there but people are awful proud of them

Re:

It's a gamble buying 10+ year old diesel trucks too.

I sold my 07 Duramax a few weeks ago for $15k and the trans went out on the guy within a week.
He was aware that it possibly had a sick trans and planned for a built trans anyway. And I felt like l sold it at a fair price plus full disclosure.

I'd make sure you're comfortable with possibly having to add a ~$3000 repair to whatever you buy. It's just the nature of the high performance light duty diesels from the last 15 years IMO.

If it's done right a deleted truck will pass. My 07.5 6.7 is fully deleted, straight piped with efi live and passes. The programming takes care of it. Oh and my Dodge is a black 4x4 but it ain't for sale. Took me 6+ months to find it.

smbroady82 said:
you pretty much just described my truck to a "T", except mine is blue and has 37s. It took me several months to find a "low mileage" (under 100k mi) 3rd gen, cc, 6 spd, 4x4, Laramie

they're out there but people are awful proud of them

35 at the biggest for me. I love the Laramie two tone Black and Tan I guess it is. Yes I wouldnt mind under 1000,000 miles I decided to keep my jeep so I have a daily driver and willing drive to find the right deal.

Yea I live on a mountain and the manual transmission is for sure more appealing to me than a slush box automatic, but will intertain some autos

Here is a pic of mine. I wouldn't own a 3rd gen auto. I have had too many friends that had them fail ($3k shot), some well under 100k mi. And I agree, I love the 6spd for pulling hills/towing. The Laramie package is nice too, power everything, leather, heated seats and so on. I bought it a touch under 3 years ago with 92k on the clock. It only has 105k mi now. I really only drive it on the weekends occasionally and towing obviously. One of the perks of having a company truck to drive.

and my 37s only measure out about 35.5 in . they are about half tread trail grapplers, with the leveling kit they only rub a little at full lock

smbroady82 said:

Here is a pic of mine. I wouldn't own a 3rd gen auto. I have had too many friends that had them fail ($3k shot), some well under 100k mi. And I agree, I love the 6spd for pulling hills/towing. The Laramie package is nice too, power everything, leather, heated seats and so on. I bought it a touch under 3 years ago with 92k on the clock. It only has 105k mi now. I really only drive it on the weekends occasionally and towing obviously. One of the perks of having a company truck to drive.

and my 37s only measure out about 35.5 in . they are about half tread trail grapplers, with the leveling kit they only rub a little at full lock

I usually don't like 2 tones but that's a good looking truck. Mine is an auto because I'm lazy and have a bad left leg. It's the 6 speed with a billet converter and such and seems to do OK. And here's mine, no lift on 33.5s since we're posting pics.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1470348161182.jpg
    FB_IMG_1470348161182.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 260

thanks guys

other than the ac going out it has been a great truck for the few years I have had it

Re: Re: Diesel truck

smbroady82 said:
thanks guys

other than the ac going out it has been a great truck for the few years I have had it
I think it's a Dodge thing. My compress went out a while back, then the expansion tube clogged (had to replace the line) after that it worked for a month then the pass side would blow hot and driver would be cold then a week later the blend door broke. Lol. Found out if you pull the fan you can pull out the broken blend door to get air flow back. Not as cold but still better than 100° GA heat.

Oh I have an auto trans as well I know it could go at any time, I was prepared when I bout it with 82,000 miles. Now has 160 on it. Was telling a buddy how low maint it has been over the years, been real happy with it just wish the back seat area was GM or Ford size.

Re: Re: Diesel truck

smbroady82 said:
thanks guys

I think it's a Dodge thing. My compress went out a while back, then the expansion tube clogged (had to replace the line) after that it worked for a month then the pass side would blow hot and driver would be cold then a week later the blend door broke. Lol. Found out if you pull the fan you can pull out the broken blend door to get air flow back. Not as cold but still better than 100° GA heat.

Oh I have an auto trans as well I know it could go at any time, I was prepared when I bout it with 82,000 miles. Now has 160 on it. Was telling a buddy how low maint it has been over the years, been real happy with it just wish the back seat area was GM or Ford size.

I have 2 or 3 buddies with 06 trucks as well.
Every single one of them has/has had ac problems. :/

smbroady82 said:
I have 2 or 3 buddies with 06 trucks as well.
Every single one of them has/has had ac problems. :/
Fighting A/C issues on my '06 right, thrown every new part into it, cooling at 39 degrees for about 25 miles, then, Bam no power to the compressor, changed switch, nothing, jumper to the clutch and a/c works great. Research is leaning towards the TIPM, what brilliant ****ing engineer thought this would be a great idea. :****:

Since I heard about the a/c problems it has been a question for several trucks I was interested in. They all have a/c problems. I hate that so much. Won't lie ac is important to me and those trucks are in my price range. Maybe it'll take 6 months to find one and I'll have enough for a later year cummins.

I have a 05 3/4 ton Chevy dramax crew cab 4x4 its been bullet proofed new paint new bumpers lots of work done to it. It has a efi live programer on it. The truck is clean and looks good. 18,500 918-520-9213

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 62