• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Deskjobs and surfing the web

Travis if you job sucks as much as you have told me over campfire--you need to find somethin that you can show up to and not hate.... I don't love my job, but I don't hate it either. Thinkin about your job at Airbus.... I think I would hate my job too if I was around a buncha engineers all day too !! laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

I would spend maybe an hour a day working, rest of day searching for the end of the internet... I'd take my full hour lunch... get in at 8 and leave at 5... was tired all the time, slighty depressed (not doing **** all day is pretty damn depressing).... I have zero supervision so it is pretty damn easy to get away with. I can get enough work done to make it look like I've been busy for 10 hours---in about an hour, maybe less.

I got drunk one night and went on a rant to my mom about how much I hated my job--about how I sit online all day dicking around and nobody cares....So why work?

She talked me into seeing my doctor about my adhd ****...

I have known for a while that this is how I am, but have always refused meds. Got through college and traveling so much by binging monster (terrible) which my Dr. says was self-medicating.. I got on some meds a few weeks ago and recently actually started WORKING like I'm supposed to... get to to work sometimes at 7, sometimes at 730... don't leave till I'm at an okay stopping point---usually 530 or 6 unless I have something pressing at home to tend to... take ~2 lunches a week, the rest of the days I work thru.... Find myself more satisfied that I am actually doing something and I am definetly less tired when I get off......Recently got back on video stuff AND bustin **** out on my Toyota... Neither had been touched in a while---Kelly had heard me say "fukkit im in no hurry" SEVERAL times... **** I pushed off getting my axles from his shop for a couple months after he was done working on them!!! My outlook has totally changed. If you don't switch jobs maybe you should look into it? Just a suggestion don't take it personal! Major difference for me, wish I started taking them earlier on, maybe I would have had a better GPA and not had to take a few of those classes twice in college.

Good for you Muchado....I spent nearly 10 years selling Zoloft. That **** works. Don't know what meds you got, but there are so many once a day pills that are non addictive out there that can seriously turn around your life. Good on you.

Rob, I am so glad you got hooked up, and are living a productive life now. Drugs can help ya, and it appears they are.

drugs are gooooood! Happy everythings working out for you Rob and thanks for the advice.

Dang rob - the first description is my life, except I feel that my job is just keeping me from gettin **** done. When I get home it's on! I get **** done pretty quick but seems I ain't got enough time for everything I want to do and it's cause i'm sitting at the desk.

These stupid fawks that I work with do things 10 times before they're done cause they change their mind or someone made a mistake. I just sit around and think about it then do it once right at the end so it's easy to make 1hr look like 10hrs of work.

I do like taking drugs though. My current benefits are 100% free so I'm gonna be hitting up the doc for every little thing in the near future

MUCHADO said:
Travis if you job sucks as much as you have told me over campfire--you need to find somethin that you can show up to and not hate.... I don't love my job, but I don't hate it either. Thinkin about your job at Airbus.... I think I would hate my job too if I was around a buncha engineers all day too !! laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

I would spend maybe an hour a day working, rest of day searching for the end of the internet... I'd take my full hour lunch... get in at 8 and leave at 5... was tired all the time, slighty depressed (not doing **** all day is pretty damn depressing).... I have zero supervision so it is pretty damn easy to get away with. I can get enough work done to make it look like I've been busy for 10 hours---in about an hour, maybe less.

I got drunk one night and went on a rant to my mom about how much I hated my job--about how I sit online all day dicking around and nobody cares....So why work?

She talked me into seeing my doctor about my adhd ****...

I have known for a while that this is how I am, but have always refused meds. Got through college and traveling so much by binging monster (terrible) which my Dr. says was self-medicating.. I got on some meds a few weeks ago and recently actually started WORKING like I'm supposed to... get to to work sometimes at 7, sometimes at 730... don't leave till I'm at an okay stopping point---usually 530 or 6 unless I have something pressing at home to tend to... take ~2 lunches a week, the rest of the days I work thru.... Find myself more satisfied that I am actually doing something and I am definetly less tired when I get off......Recently got back on video stuff AND bustin **** out on my Toyota... Neither had been touched in a while---Kelly had heard me say "fukkit im in no hurry" SEVERAL times... **** I pushed off getting my axles from his shop for a couple months after he was done working on them!!! My outlook has totally changed. If you don't switch jobs maybe you should look into it? Just a suggestion don't take it personal! Major difference for me, wish I started taking them earlier on, maybe I would have had a better GPA and not had to take a few of those classes twice in college.

Hmm... Maybe I should see the doc. I always feel have so much to do, but I never want to do it. I'm always stressing and thinking over and over that I have to do it. I want it done, but I don't have the motivation to make it happen usually until the last minute. I feel like have a million things to do a day. I probably get 20 emails and PMs a day from people asking me to do little things, send me this picture, how do I find this webpage, etc etc, distracting me of what I really need to do: website work, photo work, house work, and school. The thought of college makes me nervous, I hope I can focus enough to get school stuff done FIRST before I do anything else.

Speeding said:
Hmm... Maybe I should see the doc. I always feel have so much to do, but I never want to do it. I'm always stressing and thinking over and over that I have to do it. I want it done, but I don't have the motivation to make it happen usually until the last minute. I feel like have a million things to do a day. I probably get 20 emails and PMs a day from people asking me to do little things, send me this picture, how do I find this webpage, etc etc, distracting me of what I really need to do: website work, photo work, house work, and school. The thought of college makes me nervous, I hope I can focus enough to get school stuff done FIRST before I do anything else.

Time management brother. Prioritize and organize. That's the first step. No meds will do that **** for you.

And Nolen, I'm taking Aderall XR.

I'm waiting on a database query to process so that's why I'm postin--not totally goofin' off right now laughing1 :flipoff1:

MUCHADO said:
Time management brother. Prioritize and organize. That's the first step. No meds will do that **** for you.

Yup. I'm getting better at that, setting goals to do by such and such day, etc.

My time management killer. The wife. I will have **** planned, have to get done stuff for the better good and better-ment of our family, and she'll stick a fork in its neck with something she needs done like her nails or hair, and I need to watch the boy after I've already watched him so she could do something else like clean. Which why she doesnt do that during the week when shes home all day I have no ****ing clue.

Oh sounds like a rant, its kinda is.....
Maybe I need to get her on drugs.

Look up the DSM V criteria for anxiety and depression. You listed off enough right there to warrant a low dose of an SSRI antidepressant. Side effects for men are low. Dont let them put you on Paxil as weight gain is an issue. Zoloft or Lexapro with Effexor a distant third IMO.