• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Did deep water/mud crossing and got pics!

MT894runner

So we got a crap load of rain the past few days. So we went and checked out a mud hole that was overfilling. it was probably 4ft deep. So ploped it in 4lo and hammer down. my feet got all wet. I did get a little water in my distributer though. enjoy pics

going slow through the first bit.
534582235_ec5f35b734_b.jpg

it started getting deeper fast so I had to hammer the throttle.
534582243_c15bd87e09_b.jpg

still going
534582247_48a876a4a9_b.jpg

bow wave action!
534582305_6554efb53f_b.jpg

no more tires!
534582311_0493649f4f_b.jpg

it was a long crossing. see the 69 chevy on stand by.
534582317_878f5ad0a2_b.jpg

i stay away from deep water is possible, especially when its about to come in my windows

i stay away from deep water is possible, especially when its about to come in my windows
yeah water is pretty scarry but its so awesome to make it through and get that feeling. Nothing cooler than seeing water rushing into your truck then right when your ass is about to get wet you make it through. There is still some water in my truck.:haha:

i thought it was pretty warm over there, maybe missoula was. im not really sure where bozeman is

i thought it was pretty warm over there, maybe missoula was. im not really sure where bozeman is
nope we even got a little snow this morning. It is a little warmer over by missoula. bozeman is in the southwest corner of montana right above yellowstone park.

maybe I should check that. I just got all my fluids changed in the runner too. Does water really get in that easy. I would think there would be a very little bit.

"that easy"

You had it 100% submerged for how long?

Yes, water can and will get in that easy through any opening possible.

"that easy"

You had it 100% submerged for how long?

Yes, water can and will get in that easy through any opening possible.
I was in the water for about 20 seconds. I didn't think there were any openings in my diffs or tranny. just tiny seals that water could leak in but not much. well i am gonna go through it again this weekend and film it. Then I will check my fluids.:fawkdancesmiley:

I was in the water for about 20 seconds. I didn't think there were any openings in my diffs or tranny. just tiny seals that water could leak in but not much. well i am gonna go through it again this weekend and film it. Then I will check my fluids.:fawkdancesmiley:

Both diffs and the tranny & t-case all have breathers...did you route them up higher than the water with any type of hose or are they the factory ones?

You also have to remember when you dunk in cold water--typically your diffs are hot--and with the cold surroundings it can cause the diff to cool which can cause the fluid/air to contract and actually suck the water in.

yep, water gets into everything. which is why i have to change the oil in my '05 atv all the time. if i cross water the oil gets contaminated. you'll see it in a milky off color when draining the oil. i'm lazy and dislike changing my oil all the time... nice photos though.