• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Die clr ? and bender opinions and ways of mounting them

krackem

Build-Bend-Weld-Break -Repeat
Ok so lookin at buying a bender here soon so I can bender things but what is the difference between a 1&3/4 180 deg 4.5 CLR vs a 5, .6.5, 7 and so on I no they all bend 180 degrees but what the center line radius and how do you know what is or world be the best choice as I don't have the coin to have multiple 1&3\4 die set thanks for any help guys

Re: Die clr ?

CLR= center line radius. To make the math easy lets say 2" tube 5" clr if you bend a 180 the legs would have a center to center measurement of 10" and outside to outside of 12". For interior cages and general tube work the smaller clr 's are easier to package the bends into projects, its nice to have a couple different size clrs per tube size nut I can't afford that either. Keep in mind the very small clr dies can kink out rip the tubing if its real thin.
This header pic shows the difference in clr well as the center tubes were bent on a 2" clr die and the outers were bent on a 4" die. I got a 5" for 1.750 and it works for everything well.

Make sense?

Re: Re: Die clr ?

FabCam explains is well here too.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/shop-tools/326809-clr-centerline-radius.html

I like the 5.5 clr for my 1.5 & 1.75 .120 wall, but I do want to get a 6.5 to better match some cab redius like top of windshield at A-pillar.
4ymezy2a.jpg

This was 5.5"
Also, I went ahead and got the 280° dies to be able to bend past 90°-180° even though most bend are below 180°.

Yes it does thanks was little different than what I thought I figured inside measurement instead of center hence CLR now the the next ? Which bender I like the jd2 model 3 & 32 mainly because ive used both but any one I get I'm going to do a hydro conversion but between jd2 and pro tools mainly MAYBE (rouge fab ) which would y'all recommend and y if you were me and I believe both can be mounted vertical because space is a issue :****: and I believe itd be plus but never used a vertical bender and thank white guy and Moe and any one else that chimes in

Ive owned both the M3 and M32, I upgraded to the 32 so i could bend 1/4" if needed. Both have been hydro but the M3 started as manual then air/hydro. I also have used a ProTools and it works the same as all the others.... except the Rouge. Never seen that one first hand.

Had my protools 105hd for 5+ years and ran 1000's of feet of tube threw it with no problems. Mine is setup as a verticle.

I use pro tolls. Run it vertical to use line of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Die clr ? and bender opinions

What is the best way to setup these benders vertical? ANy pics guys? I just ordered the JMR Raceline bender and dont wana mount it permanently in the middle of my shop floor. Vertical / hydro would fix that problem. Sorry for the little derail there OP.

Re:

This has great info... somewhiteguy has a pimp setup too...more info please
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037717
Home made hydro bender conversions. Post up.

Glen1978 said:
What is the best way to setup these benders vertical? ANy pics guys? I just ordered the JMR Raceline bender and dont wana mount it permanently in the middle of my shop floor. Vertical / hydro would fix that problem. Sorry for the little derail there OP.

No worries this is what I wanted good info on benders dies setups ect... I'd rather ask and good a lot of good honest opinions from some VERY SKILLED people on here than blindly assume and guess hell fellas post up like Moe said I wanna see some setup especially white guys now

We have a Pro Tools 105 HD that we converted to full hydro after running air over hydro for a while. The constant running of the air compressor was too much in our small shop. It cost us about $300 total to convert it to full hydro and it was worth every penny! It used to take about 5 minutes to do a 90 degree bend with the air setup and now it's about 15-20 seconds. If you put ours wide open it will bend 90 in 4 seconds but that is too fast unless we're just showing off. We do a lot of production runs of shock hoops and tube doors so we can have over 500 bends in one job. Ours is set up horizontal because if we ran it vertical some of the bends would hit.

Here's a quick vid to show ours running.

Pro tools 105 making a 90 degree bend in 4 seconds

Man i'd love to have a vertical setup, i've messed up so many pieces of tube from slightly overbending them, with a vert hydraulic setup you could just stick a angle finder on the tube and stop it in precisely the correct spot, so sweet.

Parts list please on that full hydro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still bending manually because I wanted to hold off for full hydro instead of air over hydro. The $900 pump that jd2 sales has kept me from doing so because its way over priced IMO. Would love to know what kind of pump you got for that price.

I can bend 1.75x.120 at a 90* bend in 30-45 seconds but my back doesn't like it to much.

Re: Re: Die clr ? and bender opinions

Here's my first bender, m3 air over hydro
bede3esa.jpg

This is JVFabs, I built a stand identical to his. His is air/hydro
e2ygumyh.jpg

My M32 full hydro with TubeBandit digital readout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1gEkVy-PQE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I'm wanting to make mine vertical/horizontal