• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Differences in rebuildable joints?

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
What are the differences between rebuildable joints such as Johnny Joints, Flexjoints, etc. Reason I ask is I have some brand X flexjoint style ends that I need to rebuild and I'm curious what I can use.

PORC, and 2 others were buying all the hard parts from a bulk machinist and putting their own inserts in. It was 3 diff vendors running the same hard parts and different consumables. Damn if I can remember the other 2. post pics of the joints and maybe someone can help you.
some have delrin, some have harder plastic inserts. if its these, you will have a choice on what to go back with.

Hardline4 said:
some also require a press to get the joint back together, IIRC its a JJ, so no trail repairs unless you got a pocket hydro press ;D

Yes, JJ's are not going to be rebuilt on the trail. laughing

Then I don't believe I have JJs. The "bushing" is two halves with that weird flex ball sleeve thing inside, a washer on each side and c-clips to hold it all together. I'll try to take a picture today.

blacksheep10 said:
if C clips hold both sides in, it could be. the ones I am talking about are spanner wrench one side and clip on the static side. cool thing about those is you could tighten the nut if they clank :spin:

that is how the ballistic ends are on mine, the JJ's are as Ricky is describing. Snapring on one side and a washer that lays in a machined surface on the other. All the innards are pressed into it then you put the c clip in place.
**** I just did a thread describing this in off topic area giving the Ballistics Kudos on how user friendly they are over the JJ's thumb.gif

Well I talked to the old owner of the ZJ and he said they might be Currie Boulder joints. I STILL haven't crawled under it to take a pic yet though.