• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Different T-case crossmembers?

monstaru

REally? diffferent crossmembers for 4wd T-cases in the Second gen?
DOH....!!!

Last edited:
The difference is early or late. Early being 79-83 and late being 84-95. Crossmembers in the early trucks were narrower due to the trans being about 4" shorter so the crossmember mounted forward in the narrower part of the frame. Later trannies were longer so the crossmember was back in the wider section.

For what you are doing I'd HIGHLY recommend using the crossmember from Sky's off-road down in OR. 3/8" plate like everyone else but its built in 3 pieces, there are 2 plates that bolt to the frame using the stock mounting holes and the center plate that bolts on top of them. You can add spacers to go flat belly later if you like. It's a trick unit for sure.

Yeah, I have seen the options out there for replacement.
I really wanted to mount the t-case in stock location to maintain a stock driveline length...:mad:
Guess I need some drivelines to figure out where I need to mount it.....
cheers

Get a second gen crossmember and make yourself some mounts with some angle iron, a second gen short bed driveline MIGHT work if the wheelbase hasn't been monkeyed with too much from the spring swaps.

I have a crossmember piece comin from pos97tj.I am going to mount it as close to stock as possible.
So's I will be dealing with stockish drivelines I think....maybe...(edit)forgot about the springs!DOH!(edit)
I'll let ya know :redneck:

Last edited:
Your chasin ghosts if you think ANY stock driveline is going to work in ANY toyota worth wheeling.

Or join the whords of craigslisters that call looking for that certain length shaft that DONT exist till you use a welder.

YOU GONNA HAVE TO CUT SHAFTS. Just dont fight it, it will be easier that way.

Let me rephrase that Choppie,stock-ish length
And ,I am def.still learning :fawkdancesmiley:

Besides,ghosts are fun to catch;)

Naw,but really.I am gonna have to drill my flanges on the diffs and case
Regardless ...
Cheers