• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Difficulty ratings

frdbronco8

Ive done some reading and it seems like there are a wide variety of opinions on the difficulty of the different trails. I have never been down there and hope to check it out sometime.

I have a TJ with 2.5 lift, 31 ATs, a LSD rear and rocker guards and I have medium off road experience. Id probably be the smallest of the group that I would be with.

Oh and I have a winch I am looking forward to trying out if that helps.

Thanks

That explains the variety of reviews I have read. It seems to have a reputation of needing big tires and lockers everywhere but the pnw4wd site. Makes it sound like all but Busy wild and one other one could be done by a stock rig.

Sounds like a rig like mine should maybe wait til late summer?

Don't take your rig on the busy wild. It will be a trail tampon for sure. You would likely find mainline challenging in your current state.

If your with expierenced and built rigs you should be fine. Stay away from busy though. It's a tight trial and even built rigs have backed it up. Beyond that have fun, best trials in the NW IMO. Hell Elbe is the only place where I have had to use my winch and had to be towed back to camp :awesomework:

As with any trail go with a group that you can depend on for help if needed. Stay out of the busy until summer time.

Like others have said, Busy and Swamp trail will get you hung up. You can do the rest and have plenty of challenges, but you will get through. Like Pokey said go with a good group you can trust to help you through and not leave you stranded. Winter is fine, muddy just makes for more fun.

Thanks for the replies. Hope to get up there and check it out soon. If this becomes a regular thing I hope to have 33's and a front locker to compliment the stock LSD.

Like others have said, Busy and Swamp trail will get you hung up. You can do the rest and have plenty of challenges, but you will get through. Like Pokey said go with a good group you can trust to help you through and not leave you stranded. Winter is fine, muddy just makes for more fun.

Stay away from the Busy this time of year. Try it in August, it is a completely different trail. And the Swamp is fine if you bypass the big bog at the end. Or beginning depending on which way you come in. The rest are pretty much what you make of them. There are difficult spots, but most have bypasses. It doesn't sound like you are afraid to winch, so as long as you are with people that will help you out you will be just fine