• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

Finished welding the floor pan, drilled 1 1/2" hole for drain and bead rolled the big area. Gots tabs welded in for it but quit before drilling all the holes.

After a mourning field trip to pick another 14 bolt for my rig, I finished the driver floor, made passenger floor and built a steering column brace.

Hadley took on the harder panel today and did the underseat pan complete with maltese cross cutouts to access the seat pins and then started mocking up the rear paneling.

Overall days progress shot.

SomewhiteGuy said:
Pro tools 105hd with harbor frieght air hydro and I built the stand to make it a verticle.
Vertical is the way to go. I talked to Jay for about an hour befor I made my decision. I used an old engine stand and put 50lbs of weights up front http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj637/whitwilliams74/5EF0839B-08C1-4E48-AB79-57B25B598A1A-2283-0000036D11D6AD99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician said:
Vertical is the way to go. I talked to Jay for about an hour befor I made my decision. I used an old engine stand and put 50lbs of weights up front http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj637/whitwilliams74/5EF0839B-08C1-4E48-AB79-57B25B598A1A-2283-0000036D11D6AD99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you are making good progress with it too. :dblthumb:

Hadley came by tonight and made the rear firewall, pic won't load.
A big thanks to Andy (Dookey) at TWF for cutting us a deal on a new 20" Trail series lightbar, sumbitchbright.

I got one of the rear chromo uppers welded, full circle + 2 plug welds per bung.

Thread derail: the crew spent the day working on the race rzr.
Started with cardboard sketch up.

Then tear down.

Were we had to quit when ran out of tube.

Today was all about sheet metal, first a shot of the tabs and hardware we are using. I stole this idea from J rod and its all cheap stuff available from Mcmaster, I can post part #'s if anyone wants them.

Passenger floor tabs welded in.

All done, the bolts are stainless in a 1/4-20 flavor.

Rear panel in with full race mesh, thanks Wilson for stopping in to lend a hand today.

Hadley started the fuel cell mount but no pics till its farther along, I spent the afternoon doing arts and crafts. Teaser shot of the dash coming together in card board.

SomewhiteGuy said:
Today was all about sheet metal, first a shot of the tabs and hardware we are using. I stole this idea from J rod and its all cheap stuff available from Mcmaster, I can post part #'s if anyone wants them.

That's gonna make life a LOT easier. Thanks for the post...Found and ordered a bunch.

Thanks guys. Little bit was the only one with hands small enough to install the roll over valve, her and Hadley doing work.

Shot of the tank mount coming together.

Draco said:
Me too! I could spend a LOT of money there. :****:
I have to try hard not to spend a lot of money there every time I place an order. ;D
Hadley finished up the fuel tank mount lid and front panels.

After a lot of thought we decided to make the dash asymetrical and I built the dash bar. Got started on the sheet metal for the dash but we quit early to work on the shopping list for next round of parts.