• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dirty-Max injectors

TBItoy said:
Are you the guy that would have done the troubleshooting on the truck in this case? I doubt it, a tech would have come told you what it needed I bet (or turned in a work order, etc). And you would have ****ed someone over, unknowingly and unintentionally. But ignorance doesn't absolve you from responsibility.

Nick, here you go assuming... i do not price what the tech asks for unless I think it will fix it.... If it doesn't, I eat that "repair" and charge normally for what does. No funny business.

muddinmetal said:
Nick, here you go assuming... i do not price what the tech asks for unless I think it will fix it.... If it doesn't, I eat that "repair" and charge normally for what does. No funny business.

Pretty sure someone would be getting fired if they ate a full 8 injector replacement. Maybe the tech...

You must have the most forgiving and honest dealership owner out there.

He'll, my mom is a sales manager at a small town Chevy dealer, and has been there for 15 years, and they service department still tries to **** over my my dad on repairs. They ALWAYS diagnose EVERY issue as the worst possible scenario and want him to bite on it... My mother (bless her heart) doesn't realize it and will stick up for the service dept... So then I get to trouble shoot the problem over the phone... So far, my dad's Duramaxes have NOT needed injectors, turbos, torque converters, transfer cases, or driveshafts, as diagnosed by the dealership...

TBItoy said:
Are you the guy that would have done the troubleshooting on the truck in this case? I doubt it, a tech would have come told you what it needed I bet (or turned in a work order, etc). And you would have ****ed someone over, unknowingly and unintentionally. But ignorance doesn't absolve you from responsibility.

This is a good point. Once they got the truck started my dad called the dealership and told the foreman what happened. The foreman thanked my dad for alerting them and they would investigate to see if they have a problem in the shop and to expect a call back Monday. I know they are not likely to call but I will post one way or another.

Hey mud n do y'all rent bays to the techs or do they all work for say Chevrolet?

mna0121 said:
This is a good point. Once they got the truck started my dad called the dealership and told the foreman what happened. The foreman thanked my dad for alerting them and they would investigate to see if they have a problem in the shop and to expect a call back Monday. I know they are not likely to call but I will post one way or another.

Hey mud n do y'all rent bays to the techs or do they all work for say Chevrolet?

They are work for Chevy of course, but I have seen jobs done at night or over the weekend with the owner's permission... On a side note, I do personally recommend replacement of all 8 for the earliest of dmaxes because those first injectors were so problematic, & I also would at least do the whole bank (4 injectors) if you are going into that side already. That's not to screw anyone, just the same reason why I hate doing one head gasket... it sucks to have to go right back into one when you knew you were already there

TBItoy said:
Pretty sure someone would be getting fired if they ate a full 8 injector replacement. Maybe the tech...

You must have the most forgiving and honest dealership owner out there.

We ate so much money this year that I might get fired just for hinting at it on here. A $2000 job wouldn't even make a dent :****:

I personally lose $15000 a year by being honest. I barely live above poverty level because of it... you only get a filter it yours is FILTHY. You only get a flush if there are things swimming in your radiator.... I dont sell anything unless it is the right thing to do or the owner absolutely insists

muddinmetal said:
We ate so much money this year that I might get fired just for hinting at it on here. A $2000 job wouldn't even make a dent :****:

I personally lose $15000 a year by being honest. I barely live above poverty level because of it... you only get a filter it yours is FILTHY. You only get a flush if there are things swimming in your radiator.... I dont sell anything unless it is the right thing to do or the owner absolutely insists

Hell, I'd fire you :indianajones: molaugh molaugh molaugh

muddinmetal said:
**** you JJ. I have always thought you were a stand up guy, but I don't appreciate this ^^^ I work at a dealership and I decide how much the customer pays for their repairs and I have never ****ed anyone. My pay SUCKS because of it, but I can sleep at night. Don't put us all in that boat

I'm sorry but I stand by my statement. The statement wasn't that there are no honest people at any dealerships. It was that the customer gets ****ed every time no matter what. Be it the price they pay for parts, labor, the costs that the dealership is rolling into those prices, you don't control most of that I imagine. But the vast majority of them are straight up dishonest, or at least have a large majority of employees who either are or look the other way when they see it. I worked in the service department of a dealership, too. The dishonesty is why I left and I still consider us one of the more honest ones that were in the area. It was hard for me to work there because honesty isn't a shade of grey to me, its black and white.

My Dad is a big believer in dealerships despite me telling him my opinion. I have conclusively proved to him where and how he got ****ed at literally every single repair job at every dealership. He admits that the evidence is incontrovertible yet still goes for some reason, don't know why. He switches them up when he gets tired of one or the other.

Re:

I've always thought that if someone from a dealership were to go out on their own, charge a reasonable price, shoot people straight, educate them instead of patronize them that they would eventually build a local reputation and dominate. But it never seems to work out that way for some reason. I know what it's like feeling like the one good dude in a group of liars and cheats. Seeing them make money and suffering as a result of being good. It's sad that there are so many places to make a living like that and so few where the honest thrive.

patooyee said:
I didn't want to be debbie downer from the very beginning but I was going to quote the part where you said you took it to the dealer and say that was your first mistake. I don't care who you think you know, how good friends you are, even if they're family. You get ****ed no matter what 100% of the time at the dealer, zero exceptions. Yes, I have seen family members intentionally **** family members who think they are getting the hookup many times. I would rather buy a monkey and give him a wrench and let him bang on my engine for half an hour than let a dealership touch my personal vehicles. There is no such thing as an honest dealership any more. Hardly any honest shops either.

Yeah this guy was about to get f'd big time, but it's not like that every where. That sounds like the dealer didn't have anyone who knows diesels and just blew them out of the water to not have to work on it. I work(service) at one of the bigger Chevy dealers in Birmingham and in my opinion we are pretty dang honest. Yeah you are paying 129/hr labor rate and usually list price on parts....but you have the best techs around looking at your car. Not just parts swappers, but they diag the problem at 9 times out of 10 it fixes it. We get cars in here all the time that a independent shop has charged someone 1000 dollars and still not fixed the issue. We get it and fix it for half the price. That happens a lot.

But with that being said tomorrow is my last day at a dealer and I'm so ready :****:

patooyee said:
I'm sorry but I stand by my statement. The statement wasn't that there are no honest people at any dealerships. It was that the customer gets ****ed every time no matter what. Be it the price they pay for parts, labor, the costs that the dealership is rolling into those prices, you don't control most of that I imagine. But the vast majority of them are straight up dishonest, or at least have a large majority of employees who either are or look the other way when they see it. I worked in the service department of a dealership, too. The dishonesty is why I left and I still consider us one of the more honest ones that were in the area. It was hard for me to work there because honesty isn't a shade of grey to me, its black and white.

My Dad is a big believer in dealerships despite me telling him my opinion. I have conclusively proved to him where and how he got ****ed at literally every single repair job at every dealership. He admits that the evidence is incontrovertible yet still goes for some reason, don't know why. He switches them up when he gets tired of one or the other.
I hate working at a dealeship but I can't turn wrenches anywhere else in this town and make what I'm makin. This place is more like workin in a prison full of teenage drama queens. :****:

patooyee said:
I've always thought that if someone from a dealership were to go out on their own, charge a reasonable price, shoot people straight, educate them instead of patronize them that they would eventually build a local reputation and dominate. But it never seems to work out that way for some reason. I know what it's like feeling like the one good dude in a group of liars and cheats. Seeing them make money and suffering as a result of being good. It's sad that there are so many places to make a living like that and so few where the honest thrive.
A guy local here used to work at Toyota for years. Got tired of it told them ****off and opened his own shop. You cant get a car in his parking lot ANY day of the year. He is beating us on timing belts by nearly half and advertises beating our Honda prices on anything. I been begging him for 3 years to hire me. Which reminds me I may ride by there today.......

I work at an independent shop. The owner also worked at a Ford dealership for about 15 years. Got tired of it and said piss off and started his own shop. We stay covered up for the most part all year long. With that being said he is the owner and lead tech. So my hours are not nearly where I would like them but know I will not make anymore money in this town at any other shop.

patooyee said:
I didn't want to be debbie downer from the very beginning but I was going to quote the part where you said you took it to the dealer and say that was your first mistake. I don't care who you think you know, how good friends you are, even if they're family. You get ****ed no matter what 100% of the time at the dealer, zero exceptions. Yes, I have seen family members intentionally **** family members who think they are getting the hookup many times. I would rather buy a monkey and give him a wrench and let him bang on my engine for half an hour than let a dealership touch my personal vehicles. There is no such thing as an honest dealership any more. Hardly any honest shops either.

100% AGREE!!!

Stealerships!

My 2007 Dmax went in, in 2008, still under warranty, the WIF was leaking I just wanted them to swap the WIF, you know warranty and all (and they are 4 blocks from my office).
Since the WIF had been leaking I had attached a hose to the hose barb on the bottom, shoved a bolt in the hose and a hose clamp to stop the leaking (redneck drip fix). These idiots, pulled the hose, then call me and say it cant be fixed. So it drains fuel everywhere, they throw my "rigging" away. I walk up to it sitting outside their shop in a puddle of diesel, its 100ish degrees, and I've come from work. Not exactly wrenching clothes. I have to wander the shop and find tools and hose and **** to make it stop leaking so I could drive it.
I stopped at a seperate dealer on way home, purchase new WIF and fuel filter. Install when I got home in 15 minutes.
Thats just one story, I have plenty more. Seriously **** dealership service depts.

Heres the thing 9 out of 10 "mechanics" at a dealership have nothing more than an ase certificate that any clown off the street can pass first try. All they know how to do is the step by step diagnostics and repairs as the computer tells them to. A friend of mine started at a ford dealership with zero mechanics skill or experience making 9.00 an hour and within a month they had him doing things I wouldn't dare to let him touch.

pushrod-racing said:
Heres the thing 9 out of 10 "mechanics" at a dealership have nothing more than an ase certificate that any clown off the street can pass first try. All they know how to do is the step by step diagnostics and repairs as the computer tells them to. A friend of mine started at a ford dealership with zero mechanics skill or experience making 9.00 an hour and within a month they had him doing things I wouldn't dare to let him touch.

^^^^ THIS!!!!

InDaShop said:
^^^^ THIS!!!!
The main reason that happens is because they would rather pay 2 people 10 dollars an hour to do the work 1 good tech can do in the same amount of time at 25 an hour. I been here 9 years and have seen at least 20 techs and 4 service managers come through here. Our last service manager tried to tell me he would rather hire someone with no experience so they can be trained the way they need too. :wtflol: I got skipped over for an engine job today by a service writer because I quoted the 11 hours alldata calls for and another tech here quoted 18 because "its an older car and you don't know what you may run into. Service writer went with the one that would make her more money." I have called this guy out a few times for jackin times up and had countless mangagers tell me as long as the customer is happy its not a problem.

pushrod-racing said:

This is exactly what happend in this situation, the techs computer told him there was no pressure at the injectors, computer was dead on, there could not have been pressure because there was no fuel in the line. My dad told them to check that possibility first, they didn't bother. What pissed my dad off was seeing the primer pump had not been touched. Just got off the phone with him, the dealership has not called him back. Surprised?

mna0121 said:
This is exactly what happend in this situation, the techs computer told him there was no pressure at the injectors, computer was dead on, there could not have been pressure because there was no fuel in the line. My dad told them to check that possibility first, they didn't bother. What pissed my dad off was seeing the primer pump had not been touched. Just got off the phone with him, the dealership has not called him back. Surprised?
Watch your email and mail. If you get a survey rake them across the coals. I GARUNTEE a phone call then. All I hear about is our surveys. Its gotten to where nobody gives two shits about anything but them ****in surveys and staying over like 96% satisfaction. We had a customer call Honda and tell them something about one of our quicklube guys getting grease in her car. We paid for 150$ detail job on a 12 year old car.

I Hope they send a survey to the parents!!!!! Even better than that I told dad about this thread. He is a very patient man he will wait on them to call but if they don't he will eventually call them, I told him to tell them about this site and this thread and if I have to I will drop the name Solomam Chevrolet in Dothan Alabama, but I will only name drop if I have to :popcorn:

If they don't call back **** them and call Cherolet.

Dad did this on a Ford. Dealer was painting trucks and wouldn't paint his. Called Ford and dealer called next day with appt to drop his truck off to be painted.

Toddy