• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dirty-Max injectors

BUG-E J said:
Watch your email and mail. If you get a survey rake them across the coals. I GARUNTEE a phone call then. All I hear about is our surveys. Its gotten to where nobody gives two shits about anything but them ****in surveys and staying over like 96% satisfaction. We had a customer call Honda and tell them something about one of our quicklube guys getting grease in her car. We paid for 150$ detail job on a 12 year old car.

Those ****ing surveys were the be all and end all of our existence and IMO a huge driver behind the dishonesty. They are a way for the franchise to screw the dealer. The average scores have to basically be perfect or the dealer looses ****-tons of funding. Like millions of dollars ride on those things. My manager would lie, cheat, steal, forge, and kill to intercept those surveys before they got mailed in. Nothing was off the table for those things. When I started working there it was because he was one of the last remaining honest men in the industry and I wanted to work with him. Then the surveys, then the BS surrounding them, then he cheated on his wife and left his children and there wasn't an ounce left of morality in that man by the time I left.

patooyee said:
Those ****ing surveys were the be all and end all of our existence and IMO a huge driver behind the dishonesty. They are a way for the franchise to screw the dealer. The average scores have to basically be perfect or the dealer looses ****-tons of funding. Like millions of dollars ride on those things. My manager would lie, cheat, steal, forge, and kill to intercept those surveys before they got mailed in. Nothing was off the table for those things. When I started working there it was because he was one of the last remaining honest men in the industry and I wanted to work with him. Then the surveys, then the BS surrounding them, then he cheated on his wife and left his children and there wasn't an ounce left of morality in that man by the time I left.

Ford dealer huh?

patooyee said:
Honda emails or gives a phone call first to make sure it actually is the customer. Then after a quick 5 question survey they ask if you would like the full survey. Of course the only people that want the full survey are pissed. When I started here we offered free oil changes if people would bring there surveys in blank with a self adressed envolope. Ours are based on 5 out of 5 with 3 being failing. It has **** on there like how clean is the waiting area and did we offer tv and wifi. We failed one because the customer gave us 5's on everything but waiting room cleanliness. Got 0. In the why column customer had wrote there was a screaming child in waiting area and the employees didn't bother to help out so he couldn't hear his game on his phone. I did the work on the car so it actually showed up on my score thing on Hondas site even though I got 5's on timely repair, fixed right, and cleanliness of car. We had the district rep come in and go over what all that **** ment one time and I told him surveys didn't fix cars or feed my family so he could blow them out his ass. :****:

BUG-E J said:
Honda emails or gives a phone call first to make sure it actually is the customer. Then after a quick 5 question survey they ask if you would like the full survey. Of course the only people that want the full survey are pissed. When I started here we offered free oil changes if people would bring there surveys in blank with a self adressed envolope. Ours are based on 5 out of 5 with 3 being failing. It has **** on there like how clean is the waiting area and did we offer tv and wifi. We failed one because the customer gave us 5's on everything but waiting room cleanliness. Got 0. In the why column customer had wrote there was a screaming child in waiting area and the employees didn't bother to help out so he couldn't hear his game on his phone. I did the work on the car so it actually showed up on my score thing on Hondas site even though I got 5's on timely repair, fixed right, and cleanliness of car. We had the district rep come in and go over what all that **** ment one time and I told him surveys didn't fix cars or feed my family so he could blow them out his ass. :****:

We could predict which customers would get a survey and we would suck them off to get them to bring them in blank for us to fill out. If they were old and senile the manager would try to trick them into bringing them back. If they brought them back filled out less than perfect he would forge perfect marks over them. He kept a blank one on hand at all times in case one came back so ****ed that he couldn't forge over it. Any score less than all 5's out of 5 was considered fail. At first they would average all the scores so our average was mid to high 4's, we lost (I'm told) millions of dollars over that and then when I was on my way out they were changing it so that a less than perfect score counted as a zero survey on the overall average. So there was about 20 5-point questions on it and they could mark 19 of them 5 and one 4 and the survey would count as a zero. I'm sure the average plummeted after that and I'm glad I wasn't around to experience the ****-fall. The sad part was that I actually liked that job at first. All good things come to an end.

I'm just going to STFU now because I'm not helping honest guys like muddinmetal out. :-X

I must admit the survey will get you what you want, our local dealer will try to deny a fix under warranty until you threaten with that damn card.

patooyee said:
We could predict which customers would get a survey and we would suck them off to get them to bring them in blank for us to fill out. If they were old and senile the manager would try to trick them into bringing them back. If they brought them back filled out less than perfect he would forge perfect marks over them. He kept a blank one on hand at all times in case one came back so ****ed that he couldn't forge over it. Any score less than all 5's out of 5 was considered fail. At first they would average all the scores so our average was mid to high 4's, we lost (I'm told) millions of dollars over that and then when I was on my way out they were changing it so that a less than perfect score counted as a zero survey on the overall average. So there was about 20 5-point questions on it and they could mark 19 of them 5 and one 4 and the survey would count as a zero. I'm sure the average plummeted after that and I'm glad I wasn't around to experience the ****-fall. The sad part was that I actually liked that job at first. All good things come to an end.

I'm just going to STFU now because I'm not helping honest guys like muddinmetal out. :-X

I have "failed" service surveys because: a salesman didn't talk ti them while they were on the lot as they waited for an oil change..... because we didn't have a children's play room(which we do, but I still failed because she was too damn stupid to notice it)... because we changed the brand of coffee maker that the customers get their FREE coffee from. People don't need options or to be catered to... it only creates opportunities for them to find unhappiness

The whole survey thing is complete BS and takes money away from hard working good people, that's why the dealers have $9 an hour "techs." I have worked for several dealers in Birmingham and everyone has a way of dealing with the survey thing. I won't work for another one, and if I ever leave the shop I'm at now, I'll start my own. ;D No surveys, no BS, just upfront in your face honesty, yes your car is a piece and it isn't worth the $2500 head job it needs, or I'm not charging you for that headlamp bulb install, just bring it back to me when something breaks. And yes I've been known to do some odd jobs like swapping tires onto different wheels for beer. People appreciate that type of stuff more than they do a nice waiting room, I'm fine with driving somebody to work so I don't have to disrupt the whole damn shop work flow for something that can wait a couple of hours. This instant gratification car repair that everybody wants is ruining the automotive business. We took a hit on labor and gained a customer the other week by fixing a Montero timing belt for a girl that Express Oil dicked over twice, 2 teeth off on one cam and 1 tooth off on another, guess where she is coming from now on. People appreciate good work at a good price and honesty more than they do surveys and other dealer crap. The dealers have made their bed, let them sleep in it.

Where ever your vehicle gets worked on, the quality of the repair depends solely on the guy under the hood, nobody else. Hacks and good techs are in almost every shop, I've seen it ever where I've worked. we had an amazing team at the first dealer I worked at, seriously to the point we were doing waiter clutches in Boxsters, then all that corporate bullshit from sonic automotive ran all of us off. :flipgotcha: Sorry for the rambling, maybe there's a good point in there somewhere! ::)

grcthird said:
The whole survey thing is complete BS and takes money away from hard working good people, that's why the dealers have $9 an hour "techs." I have worked for several dealers in Birmingham and everyone has a way of dealing with the survey thing. I won't work for another one, and if I ever leave the shop I'm at now, I'll start my own. ;D No surveys, no BS, just upfront in your face honesty, yes your car is a piece and it isn't worth the $2500 head job it needs, or I'm not charging you for that headlamp bulb install, just bring it back to me when something breaks. And yes I've been known to do some odd jobs like swapping tires onto different wheels for beer. People appreciate that type of stuff more than they do a nice waiting room, I'm fine with driving somebody to work so I don't have to disrupt the whole damn shop work flow for something that can wait a couple of hours. This instant gratification car repair that everybody wants is ruining the automotive business. We took a hit on labor and gained a customer the other week by fixing a Montero timing belt for a girl that Express Oil dicked over twice as, 2 teeth off on one cam and 1 tooth off on another, guess where she is coming from now on. People appreciate good work at a good price and honesty more than they do surveys and other dealer crap. The dealers have made their bed, let them sleep in it.

Where ever your vehicle gets worked on, the quality of the repair depends solely on the guy under the hood, nobody else. Hacks and good techs are in almost every shop, I've seen it ever where I've worked. we had an amazing team at the first dealer I worked at, seriously to the point we were doing waiter clutches in Boxsters, then all that corporate bullshit from sonic automotive ran all of us off. :flipgotcha: Sorry for the rambling, maybe there's a good point in there somewhere! ::)
do we work together? :)

Going to make this one last post and let this die off. My dad gave up on them calling him back, he finally called them and big suprise the service manager said he was not informed by the guy my dad talked to about the situation so my dad layed out the whole thing for him. The manager looked it up and spent most of the phone time defending CHEVROLETS position on the matter. He started by restating the diagnostic reviled no fuel at the injectors...... y'all know the story up to here now just think what a 72 year old man might say at this point..... the money spent at Solomon Chevrolet in Dothan Al on this truck will be refunded in full. I thank all y'all for making this a very entertaining thread!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!