• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Distance driving.. walker vs reiter vs Elbe?

japerry

Okay for those at Goldbar, you don't count :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

But I've heard chatter about how the guys in the south-end are never around anymore, and don't wanna goto Walker because its too far. So I started to do the math. Is it any further than Rieter?

Well not really! Its about 15 miles further than Reiter if you were traveling from Bothell southward (it doesn't make any difference past hwy522). But as we all know, HWY 2 SUCKS and the traffic coming home is horrendous. I-5 is almost always free on the weekends.

What about Elbe vs Walker or Reiter?
If you're North of Kent, Walker or Reiter is closer. If you're south of Kent, Elbe is closer. But even from Auburn you're looking at a 15-20minute further drive to Walker than Elbe. And again, you have a freeway, not a traffic-laden Meridian St.

Some cool maps and pics...

20100820-x2a68eaf1f8f5k448n5un7ssge.jpg

20100820-ki3rj2n5amanen31tmxgwapn93.jpg

20100820-q3743unqqtx3axd1mgrrhbjfn7.jpg

20100820-dxfxd7nx5reiwaye4a8xbq7w94.jpg

so what does this mean? come to walker! Help us make it better, even if you live in Auburn. Its not that far, and still 2 hours south of anything in Canada.

Whats great is that when Reiter starts to take off, the majority of the Seattle area will have TWO good ORV parks about the same distance apart. So you'll be able to work at either. And we sure could use help at both!

Who here has not gone to walker thinking its further than Reiter? Now you know!

If you're going down meridian to get to elbe, that's half your problem. :;

Other than right before Eatonville, yup, Meridian sucks for getting just about anywhere until about 224th. I'm going to be in the Elbe camp as long as I live where I am, a 30-40 minute drive is hard to beat.

Last edited:
You seem to be forgetting a big thing here.

Walker sucks compared to elbe, we live in monroe and i will go to elbe before I go to walker.

there is 4 miles or trail at walker none of them super interesting to me, and there is I believe 8 miles of trail or more at elbe and way more interesting trails.

2 hours to Walker or 3 hours to TSF? :fawkdancesmiley:

I call BS on that one. :haha: at best you can get to TSF from auburn in 3 and a half, if you don't stop and there is no traffic :awesomework:

But my point still stands on Reiter, its almost the same distance for those in the south! now if Walker was better...... :booo:

Other than right before Eatonville, yup, Meridian sucks for getting just about anywhere until about 224th. I'm going to be in the Elbe camp as long as I live where I am, a 30-40 minute drive is hard to beat.

when you live south of the 224 you really hate crossing that line cause everything goes to hell "traffic" plus we don't use street lights on our end

Its 2.5 hrs to walker or 2.5 hrs to Naches.......

The time is not completly the issue for me. Its also the distance. My tires dont like the road that much. I need a trailer and tow rig.

This almost sounds like a info add

( don't spend your money there, Spend it here !!!!!!!! )

Look we have trees, just like there
and we have rocks, just like there

so what does this mean? come to walker! Help us make it better, even if you live in Auburn. Its not that far, and still 2 hours south of anything in Canada.

Whats great is that when Reiter starts to take off, the majority of the Seattle area will have TWO good ORV parks about the same distance apart. So you'll be able to work at either. And we sure could use help at both!

Who here has not gone to walker thinking its further than Reiter? Now you know!

WOW, it appears from the responses that people did not read the last of jasparry's post. He was not saying Walker was better the anyplace else, he was asking south enders to consider coming to help make Walker a BETTER place then it is now! Sounds like a good idea to me.. :awesomework:

WOW, it appears from the responses that people did not read the last of jasparry's post. He was not saying Walker was better the anyplace else, he was asking south enders to consider coming to help make Walker a BETTER place then it is now! Sounds like a good idea to me.. :awesomework:

:cheer: :awesomework: Thanks, yah that was the point. We've been getting people to come to Reiter work parties, but hearing that walker is too far.

Both ORV parks need help, but with the permitting process slowing down the on-the-ground work at Reiter, help at Walker is needed as well!

you either like walker or you don't

if you don't like walker come up to a work party and make a difference
what would you like to see at walker........ what is boring to you..... what would you do to make it better.. i know people have ideas so lets hear them....

i went to walker once i hated it, the only thing i took away was a headache and a boring memory.... then i came to find out that i didn't even get to a couple spots that are there.. and now after hearing some of "Jakob's vision" i am up at walker every work party trying to help make it better

don't bitch about it ....do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: