• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker valley

stoner098

Looking to hit walker valley this saturday. Planning on meeting up in the staging area around 11 am if anyone's Interested. It will be my ladies 2nd trip out in her recently built yj and I'll have my lj.

Was there last Saturday- crazy. If you are driving no worries but if trailering you will probably end up down Peter Burns a ways.

WDFW was camped out at the road to Split Rock and citing the newly installed signs that merely say "stay on gravel road" but he said street legal or not, there was private land ownership up there and traveling past the sign was a No-No and would earn the person to ticket. BS. I haven't made time to call DNR to get clarification yet.
740D9967-F756-4284-96FC-436F1BFDED2B.jpeg

The last couple times I have been up there the staging area has been packed but I haven't seen anyone on the trails. I'm guessing most of the trucks and trailers have motorcycles, ATV's or UTV's. Interesting about the wdfw also. I have never been up to split rock and it is on the agenda for this trip. Thank you for the heads up!

I've been to walker a few times these past few month. Seems like nobody wheels there anymore or they got side by sides. The parking area is way to small and when you park on roadside people park behind you without room to load up. Have you considered Reiter? They've done an s load of work and I have yet to hit all the trials.

I've been to walker a few times these past few month. Seems like nobody wheels there anymore or they got side by sides. The parking area is way to small and when you park on roadside people park behind you without room to load up. Have you considered Reiter? They've done an s load of work and I have yet to hit all the trials.
I agree it definitely seems like side by sides are taking over up there. In a way that's nice though since you dont run into too many traffic jams on the trails. I have not been to the "new reiter". I have been led to believe it's all buggy trails I have a reasonably built lj on 35's with a tummy tuck and currie 4 inch short arm lift. Not sure how i would fare there. The yj we just built for my lady is on 33's with a tummy tuck but no lockers at this point. Still building the dana 44 for the rear, not brave enough to lock the dana 35 lol

I agree it definitely seems like side by sides are taking over up there. In a way that's nice though since you dont run into too many traffic jams on the trails. I have not been to the "new reiter". I have been led to believe it's all buggy trails I have a reasonably built lj on 35's with a tummy tuck and currie 4 inch short arm lift. Not sure how i would fare there. The yj we just built for my lady is on 33's with a tummy tuck but no lockers at this point. Still building the dana 44 for the rear, not brave enough to lock the dana 35 lol
While imo reiter is the only west area with buggy stuff available for buggy crowd. It has some good jeeple trails, some harder than others. They've done an excellent job of giving flavor to all user groups.. except sxs guys **** them they dont need to be there.

I have been wheeling Walker Valley a little bit and ive seen some other wheelers but only on the gravel roads 2 of the past 3 weekends ive been up there on Sundays and wheeling alone because nobody seems to wheel anymore . A couple weeks ago I saw 2 S×Ss on Expressway and this past weekend not a single person on the trails but a group of like 4 rigs past me as I was unloading but never was on a trail with them. I will probably be at Walker a couple times a month and Reiter once a month from now until October so if anyone wants to meet up and wheel let me know.

Attachments

• 0726201847_HDR.jpg
    0726201847_HDR.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 58