• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DIY Beadlock suggestions

bushhog750

Can anyone recommend a few good companies that make a good product. I dont have the money for racelines right now and really need a new set of wheels. Ive been looking into DIY beadlocks and there are so many companies and individuals that make them I dont want to buy some junk ass kit and come to find out later I could have gotten a much better kit for the same money or less. I will be putting them on brand new wheels also. So far I have really liked KORE, TMR Customs, and some of the DIY4x4 stuff. Any suggestions, insight, pros or cons appreciated.

What bolt pattern? Re-centered H1's would be my vote with centers from Mudpro. If rockwell pattern you choices are limited since most companies don't know how to properly cut a hole for rockwell lug nuts. Honestly though, after having done my own H1's, by the time you buy rock rings, centers, PVC inserts, and all the add-ons, they're not much cheaper than Stazworks. If I value my time at $25/hr, which is cheap, I paid a lot more for my DIY H1's than I would have new from Staz.

8x6.5 bolt pattern. I have heard a lot about the recentered h1's but I'm not real familiar with them.

bushhog750 said:
8x6.5 bolt pattern. I have heard a lot about the recentered h1's but I'm not real familiar with them.

Its a 2-piece wheel with an insert in the center to clamp BOTH beads (inner and outer) on, not just the outer like a traditional beadlock. Trailworthy Fab has an awesome stamped center that is probably way stronger than a flat one for a very reasonable price. For 8x6.5 they would be my #1 choice.

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/

Off topic but what kind of lug nut are you running on your rock wheels? I just cut the hole pretty much on size and use a flat edge lug nut on mine, 1/4" centers tho.Haven't had any problems yet

I use the normal acorn lug nut. Most people don't know or care, but most rockwell wheel centers are LUGcentric, not HUBcenttric. The only thing that centers them is the lug nuts themselves. I ordered 2 different sets of centers and they came with just 3/4" holes drilled in them with no taper for the lug nuts. (Returned them.) Mudpro was one of the only companies I could find that cut a 1-1/8 hole and taper to the correct angle. They work GREAT!

With the tires we run no one probably even cares about centering, but I figure if you're starting from scratch it doesn't cost any extra to do it right.

I used a set of weld on diy beadlocks from total metal innovations, they turned out good and have many design options also. :eek: :eek:

Diybeadlocks.com. You can order 3/16 or 1/4. Buy hardware at tractor supply. Dirt cheap because they sell it by the pound. No need to pay shipping on hardware

*Shameless plug* I've got a set of 17" 8x6.5 DIY beadlocks for sale in the classifieds. They're in good shape, the rings just need spray bombing. *Shameless plug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CheapJ7 said:
Diybeadlocks.com. You can order 3/16 or 1/4. Buy hardware at tractor supply. Dirt cheap because they sell it by the pound. No need to pay shipping on hardware

Be sure to check out the bad sellers forum on Pirate before using this vendor.

Bought a set from Tennessee OffRoad about 6 years ago. They come with an anti-cone ring and are a higher bolt count. I've had great luck with them.

JohnG said:
Be sure to check out the bad sellers forum on Pirate before using this vendor.

Never seen the thread, I can only speak for personal positve experience. Buy at your own risk.

Re: Re: DIY Beadlock suggestions

Same here...had Andrew at DIYBeadlocks cut some leaf spring bumpstop plates for an XJ and gimme a great deal on some rock rings bout a year ago.

CheapJ7 said:
Never seen the thread, I can only speak for personal positve experience. Buy at your own risk.

I don't really have a dog in the game, but John's prompting made me go look and he has 3 threads going in the bad sellers forum just on the first page. I perused through one of them, it was entertaining.

CheapJ7 said:

X2 I never had any issues when I got mine but it has been close to a year since I got them.

Re: Re: DIY Beadlock suggestions

I ordered a set from diy about a month ago. There isn't an option to change thickness. I wasn't impressed with the cut quality leaves a lot to be desired. You could see the lines from the plasma cutter. My friend with a table turns out better cuts. We decided we couldn't do them for the cost of diy, so I bought them. Didn't know I was ordering 3/16". We could have done 3 sets for what I paid. Even with anti coning rings the still bent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm running aftermarket beadlocks now butI ordered a couple sets each from copper head fab and ruff stuff in years past and was very pleased. I personally know the guy with the issue with diy, yes he comes off as a dumbass on the net but he's a good guy that flat out got screwed. No way I would deal with them.

Latest posts