• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DIY Beadlock suggestions

I am running a set DIY from a dude off Cincinnati offroad goes by nuts user name. I tig welded them on and have had no problems at all . Basic set of 32 bolt basic outer ring but they do the trick 1/4 " thick and a good price at 130 to 150 for all corners not bad..

I have inner and outer DIY bead locks from KORE. they are 1/4 in but still cup in bad. I welded an anti-cup band on the outside and had Eagle machine cup some 6061 outer rings. If you have to have DIY beadlocs, that's the only way to go.

On a side note. Who really cares if they cone, what are the negative effects. All mine have been like that and I've never had an issue...

When they cone in your bolts get loose, you tighten your bolts, they cone more, then you get this weird angle and your rings are cones so bad they push out on your tire bead. I have had mine spit my bead off twice. I have even smoked my wheel inside my tire. When they don't cone in your ring clamps the bead straight down to the wheel and you can maintain a more even clamping action between tire and wheel. If any of that matters.

Never tried it (I'm running H1's) but putting a v-belt on the inside of the bolt can prevent coning. The belts can be installed bu just loosening your hardware, working the belt in the crack and tightening the hardware back up. thumb.gif

You do the math on figuring the correct length belt, I have no clue.

RustyC said:
Never tried it (I'm running H1's) but putting a v-belt on the inside of the bolt can prevent coning. The belts can be installed bu just loosening your hardware, working the belt in the crack and tightening the hardware back up. thumb.gif

You do the math on figuring the correct length belt, I have no clue.
halcat said:
When they cone in your bolts get loose, you tighten your bolts, they cone more, then you get this weird angle and your rings are cones so bad they push out on your tire bead. I have had mine spit my bead off twice. I have even smoked my wheel inside my tire. When they don't cone in your ring clamps the bead straight down to the wheel and you can maintain a more even clamping action between tire and wheel. If any of that matters.
I agree with this :afro: