• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DIY beadlocks??

I've been looking at the rock stompers looks like they weld to the outside lip of the rim does that make any difference compared to the others that weld inside the lip???

tommy450r said:
I've been looking at the rock stompers looks like they weld to the outside lip of the rim does that make any difference compared to the others that weld inside the lip???

ive had both sets... the ones that you weld on the inside of the lip are a lot easier to weld in my opinion.

The diybeadlocks site says $225.00 bucks but adds an extra 50 bucks off the top then another 50 for 1/4in material upgrade and another 50 for any other option so I doubt I go with them... By the time I was done getting weld on beadlocks from them I could buy some nice allied wheels for a little more.

An I kinda figured the inside the lip kit would be a little Easier thanks for all the info. Keep it coming

Them ballistic locks would be perfect if u could get them in a short period of time. I may call them an see if their in stock now. Who knows maybe I could get lucky

Rockrunner86 said:
We can get you taken care of for weld on beadlocks also at Total Metal Innovations we have the only Integrated Anti-coning Technology.

www.totalmetalinnovations.com

X2!!

Got mine w the 1/4" upgrade and grade 8 hardware and went together easy as pie... Tyler is prolly the front runner when it comes to DIY bead locks and he's also only one w a anticoning system integrated into Inner ring and it works!

uglyoffroad said:
I saw these the other day for $125 a set. http://www.cincyoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10869 Looks like just some guy who has the tools and materials looking to make a little extra money. Be worth calling about IMHO.
That's me, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Not trying to get rich, just trying to get some extra cash in my pocket and help the average joe get parts at a good price. I can make weld ons for any size wheel, just can't do anything fancy. $125 is the pick up price, but I will ship them for $140 to anywhere in America!

I meant TMI. A buddy recently got a set and they are nice. Definitely go w the 1/4"

I also wouldn't go with diybeabeadlocks . Com again

Re:

lawson1603 said:
I wouldn't go with diy bead locks.com again wasnt satisfied with mine for a few reasons

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

X2 I wasn't very impressed with mine either.

I just bought some from TMI. I haven't received them yet but should be here Monday. I like that they will also do custom rings. Just have to show them what you want and they will make it.

Diybeadlocks had bad customer service his wife or whoever she is was a rude bitch on the phone

Re: Re: Re: DIY beadlocks??

Jpyke15 said:
Diybeadlocks had bad customer service his wife or whoever she is was a rude bitch on the phone

^^^x2 (Brandy was her name right???)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk