• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DIY Beadlocks

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Where did you guys go for DIY beadlocks? Any places that sell them in singles? I want to try a beadlock on my spare rim to see if the clearance is enough for my TRE.

I have seen the Ruff Stuff Specialties and a couple others I can't remember, But I will prolly buy a complete set from greatlakeoffroad when the time arises....

A little experiment if you will...:stirpot: :corn:

maybe just borrow one like what ya want to try it instead of spending money to make just One?

what are ya looking for?

size, back space?

Well, I was only gonna tack it in and size it up, then if it doesnt work i can just take it out and put it in the right rim.

I am looking for a 15x7 3.75 b.s. with the "in the rim" style beadlock...:corn:

oh no, this is going on the outside bead, i just want to see if it positions the tire on the rim away from the TRE on the axle enough to clear...

So you are trying to reduce tire bulge? I thought the same thing but when I aired down it ended up rubbing anyway although I had really wide tires.

So you are trying to reduce tire bulge? I thought the same thing but when I aired down it ended up rubbing anyway although I had really wide tires.

that's what everyone keeps saying, but airing down changed nothing about the tire profile...other than at the ground of course. I took the tire down to 2psi and it stayed the same, this was with a 15x8 3.75 b.s. which kept about 1/4" clearance. With the 15x7 it rubs the TRE...

This is with full high steer, it's the driver's side TRE that is interfering. I know a 15x8 will work, I want to see if a 15x7 with a beadlock will too. since i already have a set of 15x7s...

that's what everyone keeps saying, but airing down changed nothing about the tire profile...i took the tire down to 2psi and it stayed the same, this was with a 15x8 3.75 b.s. which kept about 1/4" clearance.

This is with full high steer, it's the driver's side TRE that is interfering. I know a 15x8 will work, I want to see if a 15x7 with a beadlock will too. since i already have a set of 15x7s...

Sitting in the shop it never rubbed and it was an inch+ away... just out on the trail the tires rubbed so bad it started to melt the rubber :haha:

If you want to put air in the tire you will have to fully weld the ring on.:;

:eeek: why would i do something like that?:eeek:

(Thanks, I know, I am just contemplating my options....more than likely will have to bite the bullet and fully weld it, but just to kind of give me an idea...:awesomework: )

Last edited:
Dude you are putting WAY too much thought into this... Get a set of 3" or less backspaced wheels, put DIY beadlocks on there and be done with it... I have never seen someone put this much thought into such a simple issue ever unless it's a tweaker doing the thinking.... :haha:

one word for you...

O.C.D.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

BTW, sorry for trying to look into other options and taking my time, next time i will rush out and get the widest, gnarliest looking rims i can! :awesomework:

I will do the same with the rest of the truck too, I think i might rush through and not think out my cage too! :awesomework:

What ever you do....DO NOT put a DIY beadlock on a reverse wheel........getting the tire on is a complete nightmare

What ever you do....DO NOT put a DIY beadlock on a reverse wheel........getting the tire on is a complete nightmare

oh ya, that's a good thing to point out.. I know what you're talking about...:mad: I don't think these will have that issue, the tire comes off the front of these rims...:awesomework:

Take a picture.

What about different arms? (I might have something)

1" Wheels spacers

buy my other 8" rim :D

go 8-lug

this is a D44, right?
________
Suzuki sx4

Last edited: