• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DMT Fab Transformer

Re: DMT Fab Transformer

stano said:
Nice fab work!! I love me some cruiser buggies too. Here's a buddy of mines to help provide you some motorvation.
46701934e8bad6f107d7d65d531ff1ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I had contemplated narrowing the hood and cowl like that one, but I decided to keep the cage at ~54.5" wide. Got any othe pics of that rig?

jethrobodean said:
8) Looking good, got a soft spot for the FJ's myself & from the looks of things you're fairly local.

I live near St Louis in IL.

bbtank45 said:
+1 for Cane Corso's. Great looking buggy and pup, keep up the good work.

Meet my 1.5 yr old Rex...

We have two. They are great dogs. They look intimidating, but it's just a look with ours.

Bebop said:
Don't get me wrong, I really like your progress and you're doing a great job, but this :

6090036351_5757e6c4b6_b.jpg

had an amazing look 8)

You and me both. I wouldn't do it this way if I could do it again. I really loved that rig, but it had short comings. I couldn't fit the 5.3 in it without cutting a lot away, which just snowballed into more getting cut out to the point of thinking new work is easier than rework. The suspension needed tweaked, it crawled great, but the axle wrap on the front was horrendous. Everything was shoe horned in place and I just didn't have much room to work with it being so slammed. I wanted to have front and read 4 link too, but it just wouldn't work out cleanly. So here I am, 4 years later, still regretting the decision, but looking forward to my new rig. I had no intention of ever taking this long, some things in life have changed that made it hard to prioritize spending the time and money on this. I am shooting for this summer and have a long way to go, but now all the tubing and parts are sitting here at my house and I have the time and motivation to do it.

Gittinit said:
Jeff, meet Dave, Dave, Jeff... Lol...

Got mine going again Dave... Get on the ball, ready to see ya wheel again.

Hey Michael, Matt has been showing me spy pics here and there of your buggy. Looks awesome. I have been trying to to look too close at it so I don't duplicate it :smoke: Really though, it looks great. I am excited to wheel again, especially something that is worthwhile. The Scout II I have been wheeling is a POS that cannot NOT break. It is extremely rough and needs to be crushed and recycled, but it has kept me in the woods every few months. I had to get off of Facebook a while back because my life was coming unglued and I had a hard time not being a crybaby bitch on there thumb.gif

We will have to get a fire lit under Matts ass too so we can all come down and wheel SMORR or Hot Springs with you. Is Carlton still wheeling the Tracker/Sidekick?

Thanks for the kind words and while I'm proud of what I built its not all that... Carlton is in-between...he finally destroyed the lil sidekick, I started cutting up a tracker for him that then snowballed, stalled and stopped before ever even getting anything picture worthy. And it's still stalled waiting on, I don't know what... I quit worrying about projects the owners weren't worried about themselves.

Matt has had a rough year and through Facebook I've come to understand his hold up... Hope he can get something together soon. If it weren't for keeping on touch with friendly people like yourself and matt, I to would have said goodbye to Facebook, instead of dropping the whole thing I just find the source of the drama and hit unfriend, it like changing the chanel from soap operas to extreme4x4. Bahahha, I even in followed my own mother, now that **** is funny... Love her , but I have to take small doses.

359e12c97b511a65a59e60f498993e8a.jpg

1923984acbc866eac1dd5ad8f3e493ea.jpg

25370bdce1bc61cde5c66e61ad7fc188.jpg

Few more, keep on keeping on man, looking forward to seeing yours finished

dmtfabrication said:
That is a nice buggy. I really like the simplicity of it.

I took out the b pillar and redid it. I like it better.

Looks good 8)

Hijack:

stano said:
Few more, keep on keeping on man, looking forward to seeing yours finished

3rd pic Byrds? Where was 2nd?

Love to see the local guys killing the fabrication game, cant wait for more progress on this thing!!!! From Belleville Illinois I take it??

I'm liking the new tube too

jethrobodean said:
Looks good 8)

Hijack:

3rd pic Byrds? Where was 2nd?

Hijack reply:

Yep, Byrds, 2nd was in Poteau, OK.

Nolkemper622 said:
Love to see the local guys killing the fabrication game, cant wait for more progress on this thing!!!! From Belleville Illinois I take it??

Thanks. I live in Belleville. I used to live more near Smithton, but we made a mistake and bought a foreclosure near the hood. Are you local to the area?

Having a little heat in the garage seemed like a good motivator, so I picked up a heater which will cook me out

I got the drivers side double B done and started working on the back. Initially, the roof and the rear down bars were to be rolled. I screwed up the roof pieces and decided .188 isn't cheap enough to learn on. The A pillar was going to be the only straight piece, but clearly I have changed the design. I still like the profile though. The center of the roof will be raised about 2", just didn't get that far. The rear b pillar roof bar still needs massaged and moved back about 2".

My dad picked up a sticker for the buggy while in Mexico. I like it.

The rear tube is spliced, with a 6" slug. Something wasn't sitting right, so I had to spread the splice, which is why you see two welds. Its all captured and will be sanded smooth where visible. Wasn't really happy about it, but **** happens.

I started the roof, but hated how the first tube (.188 wall !?!) looked. Dunno, any thoughts?

I think It wouldnt look so bad with more tubework, but it just looks weird with the other rear roof bar. If I do it this way, I gain about 2.5" of head room.

Something about the roof bars in the back and the rolled "brow" bar in the front bothers me. Just my .02 Other than that, killer work!!!!

wizzo said:
Something about the roof bars in the back and the rolled "brow" bar in the front bothers me. Just my .02 Other than that, killer work!!!!

Agreed. The roof doesn't look right. The very top tube isn't even tacked in, but the rear partial rolled one is. I am going to try to keep the rear one