• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR land access near Machias?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I know there is an access point near Machias and one over by Granit falls to access the DNR land out there.

Anybody know where the Machias one is? I promised my little girl I would take her quading tommorow...

I assume its off Happy hollow road?

I know I can access the same parcel off bosworth dr but there is no parking there but I could park at my sisters place thats just down the street...

But machies would be closer.

So I took my little girl out today. We got onto the DNR land off Bozworth Dr which is the same chunck of land you can get to off carpenter road. We spent about 4 hours just putting around and due to one steep hill we were not able to make it all the way over to carpenter road.

Attachments

• 100_7575.JPG
    100_7575.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_7574.JPG
    100_7574.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 121
Gotta be careful parking there as there have been a bunch of people robbed while out riding. Carpenter road enterance especially was full of broken glass last time I was out there. Bosworth seems a little safer to leave a rig as people live right on that drive.

Was the big hill a DNR tank trap? There was a rumor that they were shutting down ORV use there and decommissioning the roads with tank traps.

Gotta be careful parking there as there have been a bunch of people robbed while out riding. Carpenter road enterance especially was full of broken glass last time I was out there. Bosworth seems a little safer to leave a rig as people live right on that drive.

Was the big hill a DNR tank trap? There was a rumor that they were shutting down ORV use there and decommissioning the roads with tank traps.

Talking with my sister (who lives just down the road on bosworth) who rides her horse out there the connecting road from that entrance to the carpenter entrance we ran across a few tank traps. The last one was very tall and the little quads would not have made it back up. 2 other roads also were tank trapped in that road system.

It was a nice place to spend a few hours buzzing around the roads and there were a few good hiking trails :awesomework:

Latest posts