• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do we have a welding thread on here?

Bought a Hobart Handler 210MVP Sunday at Tractor Supply.. Went to just look and price a Handler 190, but they had the display Handler 210 on sale cheaper than the 190 is regular, so I jumped on it. Glad I was able to afford the extra 20 amps this soon. No way I had the money for a new 210 any other way.

I paid $742.50 after tax ;D It was regular $989.00 after tax.

20150913_142127.jpg

Glad to have a MIG.. I'm too impatient to TIG everything. It's great on brackets, but hard to weld spring hangers on and stuff..

Am i the only one who notices how, on reality type car building shows, that they dub in MIG welding sounds when someone is TIG welding?

yankster said:
Am i the only one who notices how, on reality type car building shows, that they dub in MIG welding sounds when someone is TIG welding?

no i noticed it on fast and loud one day. guess it sounds better than a hum.

So, what are the rules on pushing vs. pulling your welds. I always pull but I've seen some people push. Pushing is harder to me because you can't really see the puddle??

whiskeymakin said:
So, what are the rules on pushing vs. pulling your welds. I always pull but I've seen some people push. Pushing is harder to me because you can't really see the puddle??

push mig

pull stick (usually)

if you get in the right position you can see your puddle fine pushing, like look towards the tip of the gun, back at the puddle.

Pushing or pulling a mig really makes no difference it's just a preference on which you are more comfortable with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

417chevy said:
Pushing or pulling a mig really makes no difference it's just a preference on which you are more comfortable with

I was taught to push because if you pull youre blowing impurities back into the weld. That's what i was told by my dad when he taught me but he also worked with a lot of high pressure stuff.

I like to push mig as well.. It seems that the puddle doesn't build up as much and its easier to manipulate.

I'll pull if I have to though..

Do you guys weave back and for or just weld straight across and use your speed/heat to control puddle size? I always weave just a little on a tight fight and if I'm filling a gap I do a big C motion and come back into my puddle. Works well.

417chevy said:

It does make a difference. If you pull the gun the weld will build up quicker vs pushing it. Pushing it is also easier to see what is going on and weld straighter, if your pulling it the nozzle is either blocking the weld puddle or blocking the joint were you're about to weld.

Re: Re: Do we have a welding thread on here?

417chevy said:

No.

I promise you there is no difference in weld quality if I push or pull my welds