Do we have a welding thread on here?

0eaab8068156128acbd5e5d3165ffa60.jpg

ce70246ca220722608457be29e8d873b.jpg

23781f3a70074077dd632c856fa8dc03.jpg

a25d15f07febc49f71b98bb27b647e39.jpg

28867c8dc28f3057792848cecb25e26a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit Chris them some nice beads!

Im sending in my submission for an internship... let me know when to show up!

Tomorrow! I need all the help I can get right now. I'm busier than a one armed wall paper hanger with crabs.

417chevy said:
I promise you there is no difference in weld quality if I push or pull my welds

Maybe looks.

Of course we've all seen your build thread, so you may be right on quality too.

I thought I was a decent welder then mars fab post those pics and now I am questioning everything in my life :tc dude those are some long pretty beads

MarsFab said:
I'll play.

Well. Good game. I quit. :woot: Holy weld off between you and j duck!!! Good lord man. I swear to God I'd work for free to learn that ****! :****:
Makes me wanna sell my pos welder. Nice work man. I just realized how bad I suck.

The MIG welding was done with my millermatic dvi or millermatic 212 and the TIG stuff was done with either a Hobart TIGWave, Miller econoTIG or Thermal arc 186 AC/DC.

i would like to know what wire diameter and gas. the weld on the tube is hard to make look like that with .035, well let me rephrase that, its hard for me to. I think besides the weld, the fit up has a lot to say for itself as well. that takes time and it looks fantastic.

Thank you. I've worked long and hard to get that caliber of weld. Every one of those MIG welds was made with .030 er70s wire. I'm actually wanting to invest in a small 110v machine like a mm140 or comparable. I'd like to set it up with .024 wire and use it strictly for tube work. I've played around with it some and really like that it allows you to slow down even more and stack the filler where you want it.

MarsFab said:
Thank you. I've worked long and hard to get that caliber of weld. Every one of those MIG welds was made with .030 er70s wire. I'm actually wanting to invest in a small 110v machine like a mm140 or comparable. I'd like to set it up with .024 wire and use it strictly for tube work. I've played around with it some and really like that it allows you to slow down even more and stack the filler where you want it.

Nothing to add about the welding. You make some pretty welds.

But your signature is true.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten.

But when you pay the higher price and the quality sucks. It is a real pisser.

Latest posts