• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you use harbor freight tools

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I'm been using their floor jacks but I'm finding some of their tools to be a one and some type tool. Not too many tools seem to be able to handle a good whopping anymore.

Win some ya lose some.

Read the reviews. If its a pile of **** (you should be able to tell by inspecting it, but if not,) the review comments will tell you the story. Or if its got low stars but just has one bad reason, the comments will tell you why its a POS and if its just a simple fix or not.

You get what you pay for tho.

The best value in that store is their better grade US General tool boxes.

1" and bigger wrenches yes. not much else though. i do have the air powered metal flange tool that still works after many years, but dont use it often.

Impact sockets are a steal there. Work fine for a good price. I also use their ratchet extensions, grinding wheels, tall jack stands and a few other odds and ends. Most of it is trash but will get the home mechanic by.

The cheap grinders last longer than the $80 ryobis for me. I also use the impact sockets & the 3/4" drive socket set. Stuff that I will use every couple years but just sits there in between. The OBD2 diagnostic tool works pretty well also.

Im going to disagree with the impact sockets. Maybe they are ok if you have a weak HF impact.

I have a set that I put in a toolbag and used them with a gun once and turned two of them into BELLS. Flared them out like a cheap brakeline.

JUNK.

I buy HF **** here and there, the 12" disc sander is good enough for my weekend use. The table needs a little fiddling and the dust chute is plastic, so if you're grinding metal you will burn it up eventually, I can live with both for how cheap they are. The junk they sell is the same junk on eBay and Amazon from other sellers, at least with HF you can go finger **** it in person and decide if it's worth buying.