• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge cummins fan clutch

This morning I started up the truck without the electric fan and with the ac on. The compressor cycled on and off every 2 seconds, no cold air. It continued like this for about 7 minutes until the engine fan finally sped up at which point the compressor stopped cycling and the ac got cold. Before I charged the ac this would never have happened. The charge obviously affected how the fan clutch acted. But the truck being dead cold and the clutch relying on voltage to heat up the oil inside before the fan moves any appreciable amount of air obviously leads to a delay in cold ac. I think it's operating how it is supposed to now. I am going to give it a few more days but as of now I still prefer the instant cold ac that I had with the electric fan though.

I just went out and started it up after sitting most of today. Compressor cycled every 2 seconds, only hot air. I decided that was enough evidence so I got underneath and plugged in the electric fan again. As I did the compressor cycled on, the fan turned on, and the compressor stayed on. By the time I walked to the door and hopped back in the a/c was already getting cold. I'll be keeping my electric fan.