• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge dually question about tires.

gasman

I just bought a 2005 dodge 4 door dually long bed 3500 4x4. It has 235/80/17 tires on it. I'm wanting to know what is the largest tires I can put on it with out a lift or spacers. I'm having trouble finding anything but highway tread in this size. I run a set of kumho venture mts tires on my work truck and have been really pleased with them for off road and highway. The smallest 17 is a 265/75/17 and I'm wanting to know if they will clear the front and not rub or rub each other under a load on the rear duals. I know a lot of you guys run a dodge dually so I thought I'd ask. Thanks. Chad :dblthumb:

The problem is the width for the dual rears. If you don't want to run a spacer in the rear, you can go with LT255/80R17, but the only tire in that size is BFG KM2. I run these on my 05 dually. You may could do a 285/70/17 with a small spacer or if you don't haul heavy.

You will have to run a 1/2 inch spacer with 285 and they can't have side lugs. i have grossed 86.000 like that with no problems

I run the KM2 255/80/17 on my 2008 dodge dually there around like a 33 inch tire just skinner and have had no problems with them . I have had them for about 2 years and somewhere around 45,000 miles on them and think i can get about 5,000 to 8,000 more on them before i have buy new set. I rotate them about ever 5,000 miles but may last longer if you rotated more not sure.

I had a set of the KM2's on my dually. The front had a leveling kit on it and the tires cupped out REALLY quick...even with rotating. I now have Nitto dura grapplers on the front and the km2's on the rear. The rears are still holding up great. With the nitto's on the front my truck kinda has the dumptruck with super single's look lol. :****:
Just my .02 Carry on . :popcorn:

I have an 05 2500 4x4 and just put 285/70R17's on it and have room to spare. I have heard you can go bigger but I just didn't need to. I have no clue about the dual rears though.

Thanks for all of the information guys. I found some Goodyear 235/80/17 in an aggressive tread so I just bought four for the rear.the fronts was new. 4 beats buying 7, lol. Chad :dblthumb:

You boys talk about tire sizes I can't help, but when you start talking milage here goes. I bought a new 2010 flat bed and installed a 100 gal fuel tank. Torches, welder and toolboxes. I work my truck! I have a heavy pintel hitch and haul backhoes, bobcats and dozers. I have even hauled my D5G which weights 22,000 lb. I didn't like the factory tires so I went to a 245-70-19.5 Cooper road master. Complete wheel conversion. Installed at 12,000 mies. They now have 98,700 miles and have at least 20,000 more left in them! they are about 1 in taller than factory the aluminum wheel a are 1 in wider and makes for a great look. No slop, sway or wag. Run 80 lb front and 50 lb rear. Can go to 110 lb if needed. Yes they are 14 ply but stil ride goodat my pressures.