• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Domestic Violence II (pic heavy)

Ayup James used to be at landcruisers nowthwest. :D

SICK build, that is damned cool. I need to make it down there and wheel with ya when you get it done. :cool:

Ayup James used to be at landcruisers nowthwest. :D

SICK build, that is damned cool. I need to make it down there and wheel with ya when you get it done. :cool:

Or hook up with him on one of his many trips to reiter or the cheese..

Inspiring work James.

Well yea that'd work too... :D hell this summer there is a small chance I may end up with his old chassis..... ton's under the OG chassis will be sick.. :D

Put a roof on it today and started on the pillow block for the front driveshaft. Measurements at full compression are 66.5" top of roof, 13" belly.

Originally he was going with silver for the body, his mind changed to a more retro Land Cruiser color. Should look cool when done.

dvii011009018yi4.jpg

dvii011009079fb6.jpg

dvii011009080ao1.jpg

dvii011009065du3.jpg

dvii011009085jv5.jpg

More on the pillow block. Making his own carrier turned out to be the easiest thing to do for clearance reasons. (all driveline parts in the pics are for mock up)

dvii011109004hg0.jpg

dvii011109009dd3.jpg

dvii011109012ec6.jpg

Started on the removable skid subframe and skid. The front support struts for the skid subrame tie into the underside of the motor mounts.

dvii011109029ik2.jpg

dvii011109028um4.jpg

A guy with a welder, torch and grinder ... skids don't always start out pretty folks. :laughing: Bottom pic is the small pile body ready to head to the paint booth.

dvii011109032fv8.jpg

dvii011109033cm4.jpg

dvii011109039uc8.jpg

Whens the first trip out? Looks very near to completion.

You of all people should know how long the small stuff takes. :D

The tedious, PITA, time consuming stuff remains. For the limited time he has to work on this it's come along quickly with a sano outcome.

You of all people should know how long the small stuff takes. :D

The tedious, PITA, time consuming stuff remains. For the limited time he has to work on this it's come along quickly with a sano outcome.

I only have 2 excuses.I ran outta money twice and got burned out 3 times.

James is an animal. Definately a good guy to know and wheel with.

Put a roof on it today and started on the pillow block for the front driveshaft. Measurements at full compression are 66.5" top of roof, 13" belly.

Originally he was going with silver for the body, his mind changed to a more retro Land Cruiser color. Should look cool when done.

dvii011009018yi4.jpg

dvii011009079fb6.jpg

QUOTE]

reitercleanup005.jpg

Saw the first 2 pics and found the roof line (from the front) and the alum. sides to be rather similar to my wee buggy. For this application, I believe that I would probably be inclined to do something other than the silver sides also

Definitely like the stance of the featured rig

Last edited:
Saw the first 2 pics and found the roof line (from the front) and the alum. sides to be rather similar to my wee buggy. For this application, I believe that I would probably be inclined to do something other than the silver sides also

Definitely like the stance of the featured rig

The look of the roof line didn't change much from his last car he built back in '06. The new car doesn't have as much rake to the A-pillar as the last.

061408012sp5.jpg

Latest posts