• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Don't take life for granted

Bones

That Guy
Just a reminder to give the ones you love an extra hug, kiss, reach around, whatever gets your point across.

Saturday one of my best friends since childhood lost his older brother suddenly when he was cutting down trees and one fell on him. People can crack jokes all they want about "how stupid do you have to be to..." but when it hits home I could care less if he died rescuing a kid from a burning house or stuck himself with a knitting needle in the heart. Either way his wife is now a widow, his 2 kids are now without a Dad, his brother and business partner is now struggling with God knows what kind of questions.

It really hit home when it' someone you have known your entire life. Mitch and his wife were much older than us by 12 years or so, they bought us beer in High School. Mitch would gladly go get us a case of beer for the $5 we had as long as he could drive his brothers 74 Trans Am to the store (he'd come back a hour later and a half tank of gas missing) sunot

He was lucky enough to work with his father and brother for many many years, volunteer fireman, saw his two kids grow up and get married, lived a simple small town life and was just a good damn person to have known. You all would have loved this redneck Iowan.

Mitch (left) and his brother (my best friend Wes, right with Wes' lil girl)
542995_3939374371429_507328756_n.jpg

Man, sorry to hear about this. No matter how something like this happens, it is always hard to cope with. I will send prayer's your way.

Everyone thinks about dieing from old age its things like this that are a slap in the face and a major wake up call that reminds us life is precious and can be taken away in a second. Got to remember to try to enjoy it and live it to its fullest and to make sure your friends and family know what they mean to you every chance you can.. My sympathy to your friend and his family.

Absolutely! My friend's father died of a sudden heart attack while out hunting over the weekend. You never know when it's your time so make the best of it.

Sorry to hear that, will be praying. The most important thing is being prepared for death spiritually. For those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life, death is only when you start to truely live.

showtime33 said:
Sorry to hear that, will be praying. The most important thing is being prepared for death spiritually. For those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life, death is only when you start to truly live.

Agreed with this statement. Also try your very best to have your affairs in order just in case. Meaning have life insurance in place, a living-Will and/or a Do Not Resuscitate order, and if you are a vital member of any business, have a Key-Man life insurance policy with stipulations written into it to make one's passing easier on friends and family.

RIP, hate hearing stories like this, things like this can happen to anyone at any given time. Sorry for your loss bro. This is exactly why I eat every meal and drink every beer like it's my last one, get the most I can out of life, and enjoy meeting/making new friends. When my day comes, I want everyone who succeeds me to be able to gather around my casket and say I got my money's worth out of my years lived here on this big ole rock called Earth. :drinkers:

Latest posts