• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Double Beadlocks vs Single?

02Jimmy

First Buggy Build
Ok ready to order my Beadlocks, opinions on double vs single. I have run both with no failure ever on either. I have come to the conclusion that I will probably never use the buggy for anything more than HOBBY, but we play hard. Will the 43 Stickies need the doubles? Wanting to run the Raceline Rockers and they say install on the double is a Mother****er? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Unless you're set on the racelines, check out spyder locks. They're single but have an extra ridge on the inside of the inner bead to help keep the bead seated. Better than single but less expense and hassle of a double.

I ran single locks and never had a problem race lines and sx's I didn't air down below 10 but once bounced a ledge and bent a rear wheel at 6psi so went back to 10 with no more worries.

Maybe Brian Boyd will chirp in on his experience with double's. :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have run singles trail riding and racing and have had only minimal failure because of too low pressure. thumb.gif

I looked at the Spyder Locks but do not see that they offer Rockwell bolt pattern. And only 1 backspace option. Raceline looks to be the only wheel available (in stock) for the Rocks.

Double beadlocks are a bitch. But Goforth can hook you up on install. I've had no problems with my singles. Katie did ruin one at finals but I think it was more of side impact into the wheel if you're gonna go double beadlock I'd do twf but you have to be 16.5 if you're gonna stay at a 17" I would go staz wheels

I haven't ran the aftermarket doubles but the last set of doubles I made I cut the inside lip down, seems like it was 3/4" or so. That made mounting them a lot easier do the aftermarket wheels not do the same?

Thanks for the input, I called Staz Works and John is a good dude. He was very helpful and said he can hook me up with there double style internal beadlock quick. Thanks again Guys!

02Jimmy said:
They say the Raceline doubles are Very Difficult to install the tire. Even Raceline is trying to redesign the wheel from what they were claiming.

interesting, did not know that about the racelines.

was thinking about doing the hutchinson double beadlocks next time around. wonder if they're the same way

Stazworks makes some great wheels. Just don't be in too big of a hurry when you order. I waited like 6 months, but he told me up front and I knew I worked slow enough that it wouldn't matter anyway.

Are those beadlocks? I figure they are since you posted them, just don't recall seeing any without the bolts around the outside.

Edit* nevermind, I missed the ones in the center. I assume 2 piece with pvc or something similar

Not to derail but is there a reason that someone couldn't drop a pvc insert onto a single lock wheel?

Edit* sorry, haven't finished my coffee yet. I'm still kinda dumb. Disregard

02Jimmy said:
They say the Raceline doubles are Very Difficult to install the tire. Even Raceline is trying to redesign the wheel from what they were claiming.

Starts with 256 bolts to stagger tighten. :drinkers:

Beerj said:
Are those beadlocks? I figure they are since you posted them, just don't recall seeing any without the bolts around the outside.

Edit* nevermind, I missed the ones in the center. I assume 2 piece with pvc or something similar

Yeah, those are a two piece wheel. Stazworks wheels split in the middle instead of the outside. In those pics I only have two bolts in them just to hold them together.

DERAIL: Heard Jake Burkey talking to the Raceline rep at the last arc race. Him and Travis Lovett came up with a way to mount and dismount raceline double beadlocks really quick using a winch. Apparently thats how Scott Goforth now mounts them using his shop crane.Said its was going to be in crawl tech tips coming up I believe

MoonlightRacing77 said:
DERAIL: Heard Jake Burkey talking to the Raceline rep at the last arc race. Him and Travis Lovett came up with a way to mount and dismount raceline double beadlocks really quick using a winch. Apparently thats how Scott Goforth now mounts them using his shop crane.Said its was going to be in crawl tech tips coming up I believe
Jake told me they used a cherry picker. But if you are airing down low enough to need double beadlocks you aren't going fast enough. :driving:

Trail worthy has done a couple sets of 17s I have one set at home. Think they were prototypes.